PDA

View Full Version : finaly on order

ExpLlclT
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
finaly have my Koni/STaSIS street coilovers on the way to my house by ground so before i get them is there anything i should no before i wrestle this task i have many tools and im going to ask my friend to borrow the spring compressor he has ... any tools or advice ?

https://secure11.nexternal.com/achtuning1/images/Koni_CO_S4.jpg

shreddervai
01-11-2006, 05:18 PM
im about to tackle the same job. If you have comcast/ondemand there was a really good show about installing coilovers on this show called "Tricked Out" on DIY channel. goto diynetwork.com look for automotive>trickedout you should find a helpful guide. good luck!

goldenchild
01-11-2006, 05:20 PM
what the hell is this show ur talkin about is it on cable satalite what sounds badass

Yuikio
01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Instead of taking the upper control arms off the car to get the whole upper shock mount off, just squeeze the shock in between the lower control arm and the upper mount while it's still on the car. That way you can circumvent dealing with the devil bolt.

SeanF
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
nice pick up....

i just recommend reading through the aw writeup (its for an s4, same difference)

except the only thing different i recommend is that in the rear, they will tell you the springs arent under much pressure once off the car, and to just take the top mount bolt for the shock off, but ill tell you, the shock flew across my driveway, and almost hit my moms $53000 cadillac....

take your time, lube up the bolts each of a few nights before you tackle it (mainly the top bolt holding the steering knuckle to the uper control links... mine werent too tough to get off....

SeanF
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Yuikio
Instead of taking the upper control arms off the car to get the whole upper shock mount off, just squeeze the shock in between the lower control arm and the upper mount while it's still on the car. That way you can circumvent dealing with the devil bolt.

oh yes, i completely forgot about that...

its very possible, just takes some wiggling to get the lower shock mount around the cv boot and the control arm...

shreddervai
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
DIY network channel

ExpLlclT
01-14-2006, 11:35 AM
thx guys ill go look up the DIY channel right now , lol the devil bolt ill try not to hit my parents cars with the rears i didn't think they would shoot that far

Kruat
01-14-2006, 02:39 PM
It's really not hard at all to do coilovers on a quattro. PM me if you have any questions. You don't have to remove any controll arms. Good luck.