PDA

View Full Version : Any significant noise loud gain with test pipe?

Avantmaniac
11-11-2017, 03:29 AM
Since my cat pipe replaced by Audi, I'm planning to have test/race pipe such as JHM installed. Currently have AWE track with non res DP, how loud will it be with the test/race pipe installed?

Sazexa
11-11-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure exactly how much louder, but, from my understanding removing cats makes the car a little bit louder. Maybe not always massively louder, but a bit louder. With that set up you have now you probably get some drone on the highway, you'll likely have more.

GKTS4
11-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Test pipes with AWE non res downpipes and track exhaust will be almost twice as loud as AWE non res downpipes and track exhaust with OEM cats in place. Sound note will also be significantly raspier.

I tried that set up for a couple weeks before putting my cats back. It's definitely not for everyone.

Tomieg
11-17-2017, 09:16 AM
I have the full JHM catback and after i had the test pipes installed the loudness factor significantly increased only while under throttle. I can't even tell that anything changed while cruising but when you lay your foot down it really opens up. I would note that the JHM catback does have 2 mufflers whereas the AWE track does not so that will probably effect the outcome some.

The car does set off car alarms on cold start up in garages now though. [:D]