PDA

View Full Version : ECU part number variance help

Zingrox
11-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to decipher what part number goes with the manual and auto trans, respectively.

8T0907560G and 8T0907560AF are the two numbers, and so far I think the G is manual and AF is auto. But I'm not sure - can anyone help me out here?

Zingrox
11-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Turns out the problem I was having was the Years. Would a 2008 ECU work with a 2009 Engine? I don't see why not, with immo off and all.

Ape Factory
11-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Go to https://erwin.audiusa.com and create an account (it's free). While you'll have to pay to download a lot of stuff, there were several documents which were free that listed ECU numbers by model and year. Should make narrowing down the correct ECU's a little easier.

Zingrox
11-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Hey, thanks a bunch. I'll check that out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

volvofan
11-05-2018, 10:52 AM
I wonder what varied from year to year with these? For example, the AF version seems to be for an Auto transmission 4.2L S5 from 2012, whereas the AD version is listed for 2011.

I'm finding an AD variant for $300 used and an AF variant for $250 used... probably not worth the risk to save the $50, no? Unless there was some sort of improvement year over year?

-Jon

ips_cou
11-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Not sure if this help, but one variation on these cars is the IMRC(Intake Manifold Runner Control).. at least I think thats the name, may be a variation of that, that may be what ford called it.

Anyway, Early models MY2008-2009 had magnesium intake manifolds with electric motors controlling the main plenum flap and runner flaps. Later models(possibly late 09) switched to vacuum actuation. My knowledge of the vacuum style(and the switch to it) is limited so your mileage may vary.

BTW, pics and info on other thread are awesome!

volvofan
11-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Not sure if this help, but one variation on these cars is the IMRC(Intake Manifold Runner Control).. at least I think thats the name, may be a variation of that, that may be what ford called it.

Anyway, Early models MY2008-2009 had magnesium intake manifolds with electric motors controlling the main plenum flap and runner flaps. Later models(possibly late 09) switched to vacuum actuation. My knowledge of the vacuum style(and the switch to it) is limited so your mileage may vary.

BTW, pics and info on other thread are awesome!

That's true, that could be one of the differentiators. I think the AD vs. the AF variant are for 2011 vs. 2012, though... both of which are later model years than the vacuum vs. electric motor flap control stuff.

Maybe if the ECU turns out to be the problem, I'll replace it with another AD for now, but I'll keep my eye out for an AF to see if there's any difference in the APR tunes for each!

Thanks for the props on the other thread. Wish I wasn't going through it, as it is a monster PITA (and it's getting pretty damn cold to ride my bike to work), but I might as well document the hell out of the saga if it saves someone else the trouble. At first, I was surprised I couldn't find any photos of the inside of an S5 ECU on the internet, but after seeing how much trouble it took to get inside of one, I'm no longer surprised.

-Jon

ips_cou
11-05-2018, 02:11 PM
That's true, that could be one of the differentiators. I think the AD vs. the AF variant are for 2011 vs. 2012, though... both of which are later model years than the vacuum vs. electric motor flap control stuff.

Maybe if the ECU turns out to be the problem, I'll replace it with another AD for now, but I'll keep my eye out for an AF to see if there's any difference in the APR tunes for each!

Thanks for the props on the other thread. Wish I wasn't going through it, as it is a monster PITA (and it's getting pretty damn cold to ride my bike to work), but I might as well document the hell out of the saga if it saves someone else the trouble. At first, I was surprised I couldn't find any photos of the inside of an S5 ECU on the internet, but after seeing how much trouble it took to get inside of one, I'm no longer surprised.

-Jon

Yeah, i've only removed the ecu and box, haven't gotten to opening the case. Although that may be coming up for me as I want to do custom tuning.

Zingrox
11-06-2018, 02:51 AM
Here is the inside of one I opened a while ago92209

volvofan
11-06-2018, 03:24 AM
The paint tool on your desk is an indicator of how much fun these are to open :)