PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Car key is gone.

turboaudi19
01-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, I lost my car key and the spare is in a different country. Any advice on what to do? Any help would be really appreciated.

blacka41point8t
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Hard wire it.

drlandry00
01-08-2006, 12:23 PM
drive your car to the different counrty to get your KEY!!! no sweat....

seriously, you could call a lock smith or an audi dealership to see what you could do..

cbass
01-08-2006, 12:40 PM
If you don't have a copy to go off of, you have to go through the dealer. You'll have to give them your VIN and proof that you won the car and then they will order another one for the price of an arm and half your leg. If you have a copy to go off of, it's much easier because a good locksmith can copy it for you.

4ingDrive
01-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I could not find a locksmith that made our keys and I called a shit load of them in Chicago. The dealer can order it for you for $80 and your vin number.

cbass
01-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 4ingDrive
I could not find a locksmith that made our keys and I called a shit load of them in Chicago. The dealer can order it for you for $80 and your vin number.

Really? Did you have a copy to go off of? I can't imagine that they wouldn't do it for you. There are a couple here that'll do it. They even have valet style templates on hand if you want to use one of those.

Now if they don't have one to make a copy from, it won't work and you'd have to go to the dealer.

4ingDrive
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I had a key to make a copy from. I just couldn't find a locksmith that had the eqiupment to duplicate the key. I ended up getting a couple of blanks and the dealer offered to copy them for free.[:D]

cbass
01-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow, that's great if the dealer would do that for you then, that's better than a locksmith if they did it for free!