PDA

View Full Version : Programming Audi Key

Poopie
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
If my car did not come from the factory with keyless entry, what do I need to add it to my car? I have a vag com and tried almost all the write ups with no luck. Perhaps there is something hidden where I have to activate the reciever? When I go into the centrol locking sytem and go to measuring block 8 in group 3 and hit my unlock button for a while, none of the numbers change and my horn does not honk. I originally thought I had a faulty key so I bought a brand new key to ensure that it worked. No luck. Only thing I can think of is if the keyless entry is not activated. Do I have to go to the dealer to do this?

Neo1130
01-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Read my write up? It is measuring block 6 group 2 that will tell you if the remote is working...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71439

Poopie
01-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I tried that too. I think my problem is related to something else.

Possible issues is I get a code for a possible vac. leak for the central lock system...I have a 98..I thought audi did away with that?
Another one is the electrical contact in my driver side key hole is bad. When I turn my key to lock and hold it, usually all doors will lock and windows will roll up. It doesn't do that anymore.
And I already said that prehaps keyless entry is not activated? I checked under my seat and I do have the receiver there in the center.

I'm gonna take my door panel off and maybe add some dynamat while I check out my key hole.

Poopie
01-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I fixed my key hole switch and it works like a charm. Thanks a lot neo, your write up was the best one.

Neo1130
01-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks!!

AudiSnawb
01-08-2006, 06:53 PM
OT: Neo- all this time, I see your sig in all your posts, but I NEVER EVER EVER noticed that B5 behind your TT........ strange how much I see your sig and never noticed it

Poopie
01-08-2006, 06:57 PM
i think the TT is gone and he has 2 b5's

Neo1130
01-09-2006, 03:27 AM
LOL! Yep!! I need to update that beast of a sig!!