PDA

View Full Version : brake question

dirtjumper577
01-04-2006, 09:43 PM
im not sure if there is something wrong with my brakes or i just need to get some type of upgrade. today i was driving and down shifted pretty quickly to cross and intersection but then had to turn quickly and brake but my brakes felt like they pushed back at me dunno why. also a couple days ago i had the same feeling but when i was on straight away braking from about 85 really quickly because i came up to a sharp turn.

the feeling is really weird kinda of hard to explain but it doesn't fell normal. they are the stock brakes on a 97 a4 2.8 quattro.

any ideas on what i could do to increase my stopping power and the werid feeling in the pedal

thanks a lot

drlandry00
01-05-2006, 06:52 AM
maybe get some new rotors and pads, and check your brake lines. might need a bleeding. if they are spongy it might be air in the system.

some say stainless steal brake lines are the way to go.

it is always fun getting new brakes!!

SpoolIt
01-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Just throwin this out there but you do now what ABS feels like right? If not, you might be feeling it [eek]

Yuikio
01-05-2006, 07:25 AM
when was the last time you got the fluid changed?

drlandry00
01-05-2006, 07:27 AM
haha, i was assuming he knew what abs felt like.

if ya dont, it is like a very fast pulsating feeling on the brake pedal. and it usually pushes against your foot while braking. also makes a noise. almost a grinding noise.

Dave's abs braking sensation 101

feel free to tell him what you feel when ABS goes on..

its gonna be fun.

(def sounds like a brake fluid issue)

SpoolIt
01-05-2006, 08:02 AM
LOL....well it feels like fast, hard,....on other thought you hit it pretty much on the head [:D]

RedRocket
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Warped rotors?