PDA

View Full Version : Wow Big Turbo Timer Questions

AudiA4_20T
01-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok this is going to be a long post but if you guys could help me out it would make my day....

OK so basically I have a turbo timer, boost gauge (the light is whats important) and a Valentine 1. They are all hardwired into my power block:

Turbo Timer: Power-30post, ground-last block
Boost Gauge: Power-75x post, ground-last block
V1: Power-75x post, ground: last block

First question: in the accessory mode my V1, gauge, and TT go on but when I turn the car on they shut off and dont work? Any suggestions? Should I not ground the TT to the same place the V1 and gauge light are? I was thinking maybe that was it....

2nd Problem: I tried to wire my TT according to the directions on AW. They are great except for the green wire. You are supposed to wire it to the VAG port and into the black/blue wire. Ok well my car doesnt have one, it looks like the black/blue one they are talking about is in the 1st port on the VAG thing. I spliced that one and it appears to be it but that wire is black/red. The car stays on when I have it in though so it seems alrite.

Last Problem: When I turn on the TT it gives me this ( O_O ) it gives me that face and I dont know what it means its not in the manual. I cant do anything else with this screen and my TT doesnt count down or anything.....

Any suggestions? This has to have happen before?

AudiA4_20T
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
come on guys help me out I have to drive my car but I cant take it out right now....

Poopie
01-04-2006, 11:04 PM
well it looks like your wired everything to the right power blocks. I ground my things to any metal touching the chassis. I just used the bolt attached to the fuse box. I found that the wire on AW was incorrect also and faced the same problem. You are trying to find the accessory turn on so grab a volt meter and find a wire that is 0 volts when off. Then turn the key and find one with 10+ volts. I forgot which one it was though. If you are completly stumped I can just pull my kick panel off and tell you which one to tap into.

AudiA4_20T
01-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Wow thanks that makes sense I was so confused but let me see if I can get hold of a voltmeter... Im not sure if I have one so Ill have to see.

RedRocket
01-05-2006, 10:44 AM
guys, if you look at the DIY section on this forum, you will see I ran into the same problem with that Black/Blue wire on the VAG port.

I used the Black/Red wire in the same position and posted my results and everything worked out fine with the TT.

AudiA4_18T,

I take it you want the V1 and Boost guage to go completely off when the key is off, and that you want power to go to the TT after the key is off?

There is a 30A and 30X post I believe. I used the 30A post to wire the TT and it's fine. Also, like poopie mentioned, make your grounds on the fuse box frame. Although, I don't think the grounds will make a diff.

AudiA4_20T
01-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Ok. looks like that ground on the block couldnt handle the power so I tried the one on the bolt for the fuse box... Now everything goes on when the car goes on wooooo, but TT still shuts down when car shuts down and gives me the mean face O_O . Any ideas? I think my Green wire just may need to be twist tied again... O btw is there such thing as putting too big of a gauge wire on? Because I used some 14 gauge to extend the wire (I cut it because I didnt have any taps) and then just used that but its not working...