PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question. Lowering car Right now.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 09:40 AM
On the adjustable Bilstiens combo with H&R sports. What setting is the best ride height for an inbetween stance of the H&R Race and H&R sports..I wanna split the difference between those 2 on regular shocks. I am using the adjustable bilstiens to dial in the perfect stance. Which way do you adjust the shocks to lower the car more?...Pics would be a HUGE help, if anyone has them

Chard
01-04-2006, 09:53 AM
With H&R sports and adjustable Bilsteins, I would throw those clips on the lowest perches. The sports sit pretty high and even on the lowest perches, you'll probably think it's a bit too high. When people run these shocks, I always recommend getting Race springs with it so that you can set the perches on the midddle setting, giving you room to go up or down if you please. The middle setting with race springs is usually the desired height.

Here's a pic of my car a LONG time ago when I was running Bilsteins and Neuspeed Race springs, perches set 2 up from the bottom front and rear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/chard/Audi/aaa.jpg

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Chard
With H&R sports and adjustable Bilsteins, I would throw those clips on the lowest perches. The sports sit pretty high and even on the lowest perches, you'll probably think it's a bit too high. When people run these shocks, I always recommend getting Race springs with it so that you can set the perches on the midddle setting, giving you room to go up or down if you please. The middle setting with race springs is usually the desired height.

Here's a pic of my car a LONG time ago when I was running Bilsteins and Neuspeed Race springs, perches set 2 up from the bottom front and rear:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/chard/Audi/aaa.jpg

Where do you think with the sports and adjustbles...to get a ride height that is inbetween Race and sport? The pic you showed me looks super nice..but am moving to Colorado and need just a lil more height for winter.

Chard
01-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, like I said, "With H&R sports and adjustable Bilsteins, I would throw those clips on the lowest perches."

badassbaldie
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I set my adjustable Bilsteins at the lowest perch with Eibach sporties on my former A4 and it was 24.5" inches at the apex of the wheel wells. I believe each notch is .25" in height difference. Take a tape measure and put it next to your wheel. This will give you an idea where you'd be.

Chard
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
were they the eibach sportlines? those are equivalent to race springs. the eurosport springs are like regular sport springs.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Iam going to drop it 1 spot down from middle setting. thanks. Chris

IKE20VA4
01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
yeah with sport springs you might want to go 1 from the bottom. i have the race springs and i put mine about in the middle.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Big problem now.....Dont seem to have the pearches that the springs sit on for the front?..Does anyone have a pic of the complete set up for these shocks...do I reuse the old one from the previous shocks, because the don't seem to fit over the shocks...I am I wrong?

badassbaldie
01-04-2006, 11:33 AM
were they the eibach sportlines? those are equivalent to race springs. the eurosport springs are like regular sport springs

Now thinking about it, they were the Eibach pro-kit series. I've got the sportlines on my current A4 with stock shocks/struts and it is really low, almost too low.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
this is going to suck if I don't have all the parts.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Never mind..I am a tweak. I have all the parts..

b00st
01-04-2006, 01:48 PM
i have the same exact setup...post pics when your done.
i have bilstein sports grooved and H&R sports sitting in my garage waiting for winter snow to pass by. post pics so I know what I will be looking like.

isn't the back only 2 perches and the front 3. so wouldn't the front look lower than the rear? anyway post pics so i can see what it will look like.

VB05
01-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Monchichi8 Never mind..I am a tweak. I have all the parts..

haha, I get like that when I'm doing sometin (esp for the first time). Always afraid I'm missing something and going over my last step 8 times to make sure I didn't F something up.

badassbaldie
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
isn't the back only 2 perches and the front 3. so wouldn't the front look lower than the rear?

That's what I thought too b00st, before I did mine. Actually, there is more clearance in the front than in the back at stock settings. I sure it has something to do with the engine weight.

Monchichi8
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Guys..everything is together and looks perfect!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO STOAKED!!!!. I will post pics in the morning after a good washing. BTW.I droped it 1 notch below the standard ride height they come set on. IT came out exactly the way I wanted it.very happy. Also...When taking off the old stuff, I found out 2 of my stock shocks were blown!...I feel so connected to the road now! I LOVE MY AUDI! Also added yellow fogs tonight..LOOKS SWEET!

badassbaldie
01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Congrats. [up] [:D]

b00st
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
lemme see them pics.

clarify for me, so your on the middle perch on the front and bottom perch on the back?

Monchichi8
01-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by b00st
lemme see them pics.

clarify for me, so your on the middle perch on the front and bottom perch on the back?
They are set on the 2nd to the last pearch all the way around..They only have 1 more adjustment down, which I think would be too low. I really believe it came out perfect!Oh..and did I mention the ride! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here are those pics plus ones of the Yellow fogs at night.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/monchichi8/Audi%20Pics/IMG_2291.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/monchichi8/Audi%20Pics/IMG_2295.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/monchichi8/Audi%20Pics/IMG_2272.jpg

b00st
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
noyce!!!
thanks for posting the pics!

baldie,
we rolling out this saturday?

b00st
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
then i might do them all the way on the lowest perch then.

badassbaldie
01-05-2006, 03:44 PM
baldie,
we rolling out this saturday?

For sure. PMed you...

Congrats on the new stance Monchichi. I guarantee you'll have that thing apart in a couple of weeks and dropping it down to the lowest perch settings.[:D]

Chard
01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by b00st

isn't the back only 2 perches and the front 3. so wouldn't the front look lower than the rear? anyway post pics so i can see what it will look like.

The Neuspeed Bilsteins have more grooves than the regular ones.

Monchichi8
01-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Chard
The Neuspeed Bilsteins have more grooves than the regular ones.
yep, those are the ones I got.

cwdressen
01-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Hey Chard, may I ask what kind (and size) rims those are? I'm not big on aftermarket rims, but those look nice at that ride height!

Rosati
01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Bring her down more bro ;)

a4rings
01-07-2006, 07:35 PM
have any of you guys gone from performance springs on stock sport shocks and then switched to the performance springs with aftermarket shocks? if so how much of a difference is there? I just want to know if i should buy shocks to go with my neuspeed race springs or keep the money for a BT kit.

bigcfromcinci
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Go lower :D