PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Windshield

swizzchard
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I just got a long crack in my windshield...
anyone know good local places to get it replaced? I prefer to get one that is from audi (like with the little audi logo in the corner of the windshield). I have auto dimming rearview, too. Cheap but good would help me out.

Thanks

Audi convert
01-13-2006, 06:08 AM
I may be interested in one also, I'm hoping the chip in the new USP I'm buying can be repaired though, does any one know a good windsheild repair shop? It was the only flaw I could find on the whole car!

Tinman
01-13-2006, 06:59 AM
take it to an audi garage and they'll replace it with glass with the audi logo in it.

I had one of my windows burst a couple months ago, and I wanted all the logos to be the same. call a garage and get them to take care of it.

I brought mine to audi of alexandria, but now I go to tysons. if you want a point of contact at either, lemme know.

L8

swizzchard
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Yo, i went through SafeLite and requested they get the glass from Audi...

They did, and it ended up being $311.03 tOTAL!!! damn tight...

Safelite Auto Glass in Springfield VA...ask for cedric.

Audi convert
01-15-2006, 09:20 AM
That's great to know! How much installed? I was afraid it would be closer to a grand.

Galllop
01-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Who's your contact at the Tysons Audi? I just went there last Friday to get the code for the radio (it was in safe mode) - and the guys there ended up damaging (dinged, scrated, bent up & dented - looks like crap!) the brushed aluminum facing. They said they would fix it, but now I have to make another trip there.

Everytime I take my car somewhere & let it out of my view, stuff ends up getting broken. (the last repair shop busted my windshield, forgot to hook up my turbo boost pipe, and mounted the bumper crooked!) I just don't have time to deal with sloopy work.

Tinman
02-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I just got a nice long crack in my windshield too. I'm going to call safelite too. I hear they'll come out and do it on-site, meaning I could get it done while I'm at work.

did you request the audi-ring glass?

L8

swizzchard
02-20-2006, 05:54 AM
I talked to the guy directly at the springfield location and asked specifically for the audi glass.

Call the 800 numer for safelite and ask to be connected to the springfield va location.

The emblem and manufacture stuff, etc match exactly with all the other windows. It was actually cheaper to get that than to get the "Safelite" brand, too which was great. Cedric got the glass from audi of alexandria and then they came out and installed it at work. It felt great to get the right stuff =].

FYI: I paid 311.03

Audi convert
02-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I had safelite from Alexandria come out to my parking garage friday and they did an okay job for $60 I thought the chip would be completely invisible once done but it is still faint and noticable.

Tinman
02-22-2006, 08:29 AM
called them yesterday. got quoted 190 for the glass and 50 bucks labor. that comes to $240 for audi glass installed on-site at my work in the garage. money!

L8

swizzchard
02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I thought i got a good deal...you're practically stealing it...j/k

pick up the usp avant friday...GTG in march? I can even do weekdays with advanced notice, obviously it would be local nova peeps. I also need to rebadge - dealership wants $34 for it! bastards

Audi convert
02-22-2006, 10:29 AM
That's great news, I knew you'd find one if you stuck to it! Where did you find it?

Tinman
02-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by swizzchard
I thought i got a good deal...you're practically stealing it...j/k

pick up the usp avant friday...GTG in march? I can even do weekdays with advanced notice, obviously it would be local nova peeps. I also need to rebadge - dealership wants $34 for it! bastards

dude, I'm definitely down for a get-together this weekend. was already planning a little thing just with doug and ryan, but let's make this a real meet. hmm?

if you want a meet in march, check out the BlownEuroz meet. . . I'm going to be rollin' up. should be a BLAST!

dunno how I got it at that price. Audi of Alexandria quoted the window guy at $190 for it. *shrugs* I'll take it.

L8

swizzchard
02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
getting car friday...stayin in bmore til sunday...

next week? wednesday?

swizzchard
02-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Audi convert
That's great news, I knew you'd find one if you stuck to it! Where did you find it?

New Hampshire ... sucky thing is its supposed to snow there tomorrow and friday...hope my flight actually takes off [:(]

Tinman
03-06-2006, 07:59 AM
windshield was replaced last week, but I forgot to post.

total cost with install: $119. [eek]

I dunno how, but that's what they did. . . I'll take it. Cedric is the balls!

L8

swizzchard
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
hahaha - they definitely fucked something up there but oh well, atleast you made out with a REALLY REALLY cheap VAG windshield

mikecheck
03-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Safelite in Springfield is coming out to my work Monday to replace my windshield. I might be overworrying but is the ultrasport windshield the same as the regular A4's? All they asked was if I had an A4 coupe or sedan, I don't want them to show up with the wrong glass. TIA

swizzchard
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
yea, same - are u getting audi glass or the safelite OEM?

Audi convert
03-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Should be the same, there is an A4 coupe, it is the convertable, maybe the glass is different in that one.

mikecheck
03-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by swizzchard
yea, same - are u getting audi glass or the safelite OEM? I went with the audi glass