PDA

View Full Version : UGGGH, just curbed my wheel

nizmosx
12-29-2005, 11:56 AM
woke up at 11:35 to move my car on the other side of the street before street sweeping at noon, and i was so tired and it was so bright outside that i couldnt see straight. Well long story short i curbed my bbs rx rear passenger wheel. =). not a great start to a day off.

aesthetics
12-29-2005, 12:05 PM
oucchhhhhhh....yeaa well one time right after i bought my USP rims, i went to a macdonalds drivethru. The driveway for that is soooo narrow and there was like a 75 degree turn. long story short, curbed the shit outta my rear left rim. the sound and vibration from curbing rims is sooo disturbing to me and its like im hurting apart of my own body.

lol yeaa so we shoudl just turn this thread into bad curbing stories

alen
12-29-2005, 12:08 PM
it's funny how i never have any incident with curbs with stock rims but as soon as i have some aftermarket wheels i have to have an accident with curbs. bad luck.

EVIL-AUDI
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
There is nothing worse than the sound and feeling of curbing a wheel.

nizmosx
12-29-2005, 12:20 PM
your damn right evil, specialy when your eyes are closed and your trying to park, i tell you it was so bright this morning. all i had to do was make a u turn from one side of the street to the other side. hehe ohh well. at least i won 240 bucks last night playing black jack at hawaiian gardens.

EVIL-AUDI
12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I only did it once and I managed to get the front and read on the right side. I was in a bad state of mind at the time. I remember the sound snapping me out of it real fast though.

salz2135
12-29-2005, 01:09 PM
I did the same thing a few months back. Parked my car across the street from my house and in the morning walked out to move it. Forgot how close I parked and ended up curbing the crap out of my FR wheel. I haven't had a chance to get it fixed yet and ever since it happend I avoid walking around that side of my car. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

b00st
12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
i just did the same thing not too long ago....needless to say i was not very happy either. actually i was ultra pissed....gets me pissed now that i think about it again. that sound just pierced my ears and i jumped out and the damage to me was a big deal. to everyone else...they are like thats nothing. OH THE GRINDING NOISE.

used a dremel and some different attachments to clean up the curb rash and polished it the best i could....i'd have to say...it was 100 times better than it was.