PDA

View Full Version : Symphony to BOSE switch?

greengravy
12-28-2005, 09:50 PM
how big of a PITA is this and is it actually worth doing? i decided i dont like the look of aftermarket in my car anymore and want to go back to the stock radio. Im assuming you cant just swap a symphony radio out with the bose, theres got to be more to it than that right? like swapping the speakers and the amp... but is there any more to it than that? does the bose sound that much better to make it worth the troubles?

4ingDrive
12-28-2005, 09:55 PM
It'd be more worth while to put the symphony in and add aftermarket amps and speakers than the crappy blose system.

greengravy
12-28-2005, 09:58 PM
thats more or less what i figured. i get a lot of static in my speakers as is with the aftermarket... i wish i never would have pulled the symphony and blew 500 on a headunit in the first palce. it sounded better before and i could actually read the damn display during the day, the sun kills my ability to read anything off aftermarket

4ingDrive
12-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Sounds like there's other issues with your aftermarket. If it's a good quality deck it should sound better than stock if it's properly installed.

greengravy
12-28-2005, 10:16 PM
its the clarion dzx8XXX i dont know for sure, its got the soundcatcher thing, its a nice unti and matches perfectly, especailly at night, its jsut hard to see during the day and the seek buttons are like the size of a pencil tip

4ingDrive
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah I'm not liking the newer teeny button style on a lot of the newer decks.