PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump installed, still wont crank over

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 04:35 PM
just installed the new fuel pump, and it still wont turn over. do you think the filter is clogged? will that cause the car to not turn over> Ive got the filter and anm goin to attack that next. I hope its not that Im outta gas, that would be embarrasing.
I also just installed the new fuel sender unit, i didnt know how low the gas was until I got the pump out, there is gas in the tank but not much, LOL somebody kick me in the head. In all fairness to me, I had no Idea how much fuel was in the tank.

goldenchild
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
well then fill it with some that will knock that question out but on another note ur wires may be backwards that will cause the pump to act in reverse had that happen to me when i installed a walbro on a nissan. it happend bc they were marked wrong or they werent even marked i forget but id check that

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
its still making the same sound as before. Its making a loud pneumatic like sound. I cant beleive I didnt even think of being out of gas until now. Im gonna replace the filter anyways just because its over-due and then go get some gas.

goldenchild
12-28-2005, 04:43 PM
o it will make a sound but im sayin the pump will act in reverse if the wires are hooked up wrong. did u replace it with a stock one?

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 04:56 PM
well, im about to lose allllll credibility on this website, not that i had any, LOL. but I was outta gas. DUUUUUUURRRHHHHH!

goldenchild
12-28-2005, 04:58 PM
hahahahhahahahaha priceless

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 04:59 PM
just for the record, my guage was broken :)

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 05:00 PM
I cant beleive I just spent my entire day doing this and i was outta gas. I shouldnt be allowed near cars. LOL

badassbaldie
12-28-2005, 05:12 PM
just for the record, my guage was broken :)

Was it broke before or after you realized you were out of gas? lol

Hey bro, we've all been there...Making it a bigger job than what it is. At least you know how to take a fuel pump out now, huh? [:)]

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 05:21 PM
LOL, its been broke for about a year now. LOL, at least this got my ass in gear to fix it.

onemoremile
12-28-2005, 05:43 PM
when my sender was broken i just filled the tank every 250 miles.

the fuel filter is pretty easy. make sure you have something to catch the gas when you pull the hoses. it's like dumping out a foster's oil can.

4ingDrive
12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
With a bad fuel pump your engine would still crank. It just wouldn't start.

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile

the fuel filter is pretty easy. make sure you have something to catch the gas when you pull the hoses. it's like dumping out a foster's oil can.
thats the thing,I just installede a pc-16 set-up so Im not sure how long a tank of gas should last so far I think Ive lost about 75 kms per tank. If I still had the stock turbo, this wouldnt have happened.

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 4ingDrive
With a bad fuel pump your engine would still crank. It just wouldn't start.
i meant it wont start. It will crank, it just wont start.

4ingDrive
12-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Ah, I see now. Glad you got it sorted.

bitterchild
12-28-2005, 06:59 PM
wait, so you pulled the pump out of the tank and replaced it but didn't notice that there was no gas while you were staring the fuel tank in the face?

mike-2ptzero
12-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile

another thing to do after you have changed the fuel filter is to turn the key on and off about 5-6 times so the pump can fill the new filter and fuel lines with fuel. If you dont do it this way it will take much longer to get fuel in the system while your cranking the motor.

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
wait, so you pulled the pump out of the tank and replaced it but didn't notice that there was no gas while you were staring the fuel tank in the face?
The weird thing is, there was some gas in the tank, only about 2 1/2 inches deep though.

mike-2ptzero
12-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
The weird thing is, there was some gas in the tank, only about 2 1/2 inches deep though.

empty to the point of not running doesn't equal the tank being dry.

BTW, going to a K04 shouldn't change how many miles you get per tank unless your driving at WOT all day long. Even my setup still gets nearly 30 mpg on the fwy and same goes for the B6 that I ran 12.79 with.

Quattrocket
12-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Im at WOT pretty well all the time lately. LOL, still really enjoying the descent power.

mike-2ptzero
12-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
Im at WOT pretty well all the time lately. LOL, still really enjoying the descent power.

Well at that point your lucky if your getting 7-10 mpg.