PDA

View Full Version : Another coil conversion question.

NicksAEB
06-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Ive been lookining into upgrading my ignition system so i was looking at the conversion kits on uspmotorsports. It seem to me since they are just individual harnesses for each coil and the icm that get plugged in. In theory it seems to me if i had the 4 pin plugs wouldnt it be rather easy to make these? Anyone have thoughts or info about this?

areyou18
06-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Like this?? I'm going this route with my s4 with BEL valve covers and shorter coils NO adapters, no harness nonsense

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/559083-DIY-2-0-FSI-Conversion-Solder-method

Sent from my iPhone 4.11

NicksAEB
06-25-2017, 06:07 AM
Yes thats exactly what i was talking about. So basically the all you have to do is put the two grounds together for eaxh coil? Seems simple enough why haven't i seen many people going this route? I can grab the 4pin plugs at the junkyard dirt cheap. Seems the most in expensive option especially with the rouareg adapters.

maxiz1
06-25-2017, 05:12 PM
Previously I've joined the two ground wires and grounded everything to the valve cover. It worked fine. Then I thought that Audi must have a reason to separate the ground. I ended up grounding the TTL ground to the post behind the coolant tank.

NicksAEB
06-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Thats kinda what i was reading yeaterday. Said you can wind up with interference with the two grounds together. After looking at my buddies gti yesterday im just gonna grab the 4 best 4pin plugs i can find at the junkyard and wire them in with the grounds they way they should be. Really doesnt look complicated. And with the touareg adapters will be a relatively cheap way to upgrade.