PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed race?

a4rings
12-27-2005, 02:02 PM
i have sport suspension on my a4 and i just bought neuspeed race springs. I should have just bought coilovers now that i think about it but i was hoping this wouls lower me to the height i want. with 18" rims will either the front or the back wheels be close to the fender? i mean will these springs even lower the car a noticeable amount? pics of neuspeed or any race spring on the stock sport shocks would be alot of help. thanks guys

juju4uofa
12-27-2005, 02:14 PM
It will lower it the same amouit regardless of what struts you have. Neuspeed race springs will be LOW. Your ride is going to be really stiff but it will look good. Remember to have your car aligned after you drop it or you'll go through tires quick. Plus those race spring are gonna be hard on the stock sport struts you should consider replacing those.

a4rings
12-27-2005, 02:23 PM
yea the thing is that i'm not really sure how much longr i am going to be keeping this car so i didnt want to spend too much on the suspension now and if later i upgrade to a BT then i'll just get some coilovers.

alen
12-27-2005, 02:31 PM
putting springs on different shocks will yield different ride heights. for example i have neu race w/ koni adj. and i know for the fact that the rear is higher than some people's neu race w/ bilsteins, grooved or nongrooved.

i wouldn't put such a hard spring on stock shocks cause you won't get a complimentary setting between the two and you'll blow out the shocks in no time. rather try to sell stock suspension and get the money to buy some aftermarket shocks.

Alen

Yemski
12-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Here is a pic of my car, H&R race on stock sport shocks...yes I know it's a horrible setup but I will be getting K&W CO's soon.

http://public.fotki.com/Axxis22/cars/car_photoshoots/forsale/edit.html

As far as the ride goes if the road is ok the ride is acceptable, but once it starts getting rough (in San Francisco the roads are far from perfect) you will feel every bump. The ride isn't super harsh but it all depends on the road, also be aware that you will have to watch out for curbcuts and steep hills.

IMO I'd say get some CO's so that the springs match the shocks, I bought the car setup with H&R race and stockshocks.
Of course the drop looks great and when I get CO's I intend to keep the 2 inch drop.

WhippeD
12-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Yemski
Here is a pic of my car, H&R race on stock sport shocks...yes I know it's a horrible setup but I will be getting K&W CO's soon.

http://public.fotki.com/Axxis22/cars/car_photoshoots/forsale/edit.html

so you bought axxis' car.
good choice man, it's one good looking b5 there