PDA

View Full Version : need turbo guru's input quick!!

psipleasure
12-27-2005, 12:21 AM
ok, most of you know my story. went from neuspeed to revo test file and was disapointed. now im stock.

tomorrow is judgement day.

im either gonna call ecode and make an appointment, or go with GIAC and torque factory. im not making this a chip wars thread at all, i need to know this

when i first bought my car i didnt know shit about audi's. i was a honda guy. hence the reason why i got a 2001 dbw fronttrack. now from what i see GIAC just made the best K04 programming for the DBW, and REVO has the best programming for the GTRS elimantors. Which one would be more daily drivable for me due to the fact i have fronttrak. im worried about the low end torque of the k04 causing me to have no traction in my first 2 gears. and then im also worried about the top end spool and boost of the gtrs causing me to lose it up top. what would you guys reccomend.

BranCKY3
12-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Are you sure REVO makes a GTRS file for 2001's?

psipleasure
12-27-2005, 12:32 AM
well it was on their website, but ecode was supposed to call me back but never did. im going to wake up tomorrow morning to call them, if they dont pick up, im going to jeff moss himself, lol.

nizmosx
12-27-2005, 01:30 AM
just go to jeff moss, get giac software, he knows his shit, he is local, end of story, its your best bet.

bitterchild
12-27-2005, 08:27 AM
jeff@TF is one of the more knowledgeable tuners I've talked to. he also happens to be a friendly and helpful as well.

pigliiit
12-27-2005, 09:01 AM
There is no Revo software available for the 2001, you would have to use the Mika software. Says so right on the Eurocode website. Go with Jeff, we need more 2001's for testing. Plus, around $1800 compared to $2500?

BLACK B5
12-27-2005, 09:29 AM
it states at the bottom of eurocodes webpage with the gtrs elims. that the 2001 MY have to use the atp mika tuned software[down]

edit: slow to respond... piglit hit it on the head

Audi Skate Snow
12-27-2005, 09:31 AM
there is not revo for b5 GTRS setup yet. Also if you did the trial software from revo it doesnt feel nearly as good as the real file. At least that is what i noticed.

psipleasure
12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
ya i figured thats what it was. im going with jeff on this one. me and him have an appoinment at 3. i will let you guys know about my feelings towards the 3. and i called ecode and asked them about the trial. they said its at 85%, but the guy that did it for me said its actually faster.

ya i see it now, i was too excited so i didnt scroll down to see the mika software part. its kinda tricky on ecodes part to say revo/ecode gtrs kit and then have the option for the 01. i think it should of said mike right next to the 96-01.