PDA

View Full Version : Running rich, misfires, limp mode

nota_towel
06-15-2017, 09:45 AM
Hey all, I've been chasing a misfire issue and have recently gone into limp mode due to running too rich. This started after I did my valve cover gasket and swapped old injectors to same but brand new. I also changed oil cooler PCV check valve and MAF at that time. I also swapped new o2 sensors as I was overdue, and a new turbo to cat gasket. I'm running 315cc injectors at 2.7 bar with the GIAC pc-16 file for a k04. Numbers with vagcom show in block 033 I'm getting pre cat o2 control of -29.7%. Any insight is appreciated

Cruz1n
06-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Did this happen all of a sudden (after all the new parts?) I would swap back to one old part at a time to eliminate one part at a time. I would start with the MAF, as I have installed a brand new one once which turned out to be bad. Then I spent weeks chasing other parts and codes - all it was is that bad MAF (which I thought would never be the problem since it was new.) After the MAF, I would swap back the o2's (one at a time)

nota_towel
06-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Did this happen all of a sudden (after all the new parts?) I would swap back to one old part at a time to eliminate one part at a time. I would start with the MAF, as I have installed a brand new one once which turned out to be bad. Then I spent weeks chasing other parts and codes - all it was is that bad MAF (which I thought would never be the problem since it was new.) After the MAF, I would swap back the o2's (one at a time)

It did happen after the new parts, and I was thinking of swapping the MAF back in. The old o2 sensor also gave me a rich code before changing so I doubt that's it. I also may suspect my FPR to be an issue but haven't bought a new one just yet. I smell not gas but rich burnt fuel smell while driving. Also logged blocks 015 and 016 and found frequent misfiring in cylinders 1&2 and one every once and a while in 3&4. If I turn the fuel pressure way down like 2bar I can do normal driving with no limp mode but absolutely no power when in boost as the mixture is lean. Suspects are AFPR and my 2.0 coil conversion. Runs very rich at idle block 033 shows a -29.9% o2 correction and -13.3%@idle and -5.5%@part load in 032. At WOT the 033 block shows 0%

nota_towel
06-18-2017, 11:17 AM
MAF seems fine, numbers during logs are within spec, has to be something fuel related

nota_towel
06-21-2017, 07:45 PM
Bump. Still having issues. Tried an Ecs AFPR and couldn't get it below 50psi. Swapped back my 034 afpr and got it to 40 where it should be at. Still very rich. About 30seconds after clearing codes and idling the car the o2 lambda correction goes from 0% to -29.7% very quickly. Injectors are pulsing at around 4-5ms and once it gets to -29% they are pulsing at around 2-3ms

Blur2u
06-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Do you check for a boost leak? Sometimes the plastic injector seats will leak and crack over time causing boost to leak out of intake running during WOT.