PDA

View Full Version : I need audio help!!!!!

juju4uofa
12-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Here's the problem; I have a concert HU and I'm trying to run an external amp for new front speakers. My options are to either use a line level converter with the existing front speaker wires (this will be low quality but will work) or use the Blaupunkt adapter. The Blaupunkt adapter simply splices into the existing preouts and ground given by the HU. Well, I've tried both. Instead of the adapter I spiced into female RCAs I already had and grounded them in the trunk. Either option produces static in the tweeters. I've exhausted every option, singling out every componet but I can't find the problem. The only thing I haven't tried is actually using the ground out of the back of the HU for the RCAs, instead I'm just simply grounding them to the car in the trunk (a ground is a ground if I'm not mistaken). Any input is appreciated, I've been working on this for way too long.

juju4uofa
12-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Anyone?

blacka4
12-27-2005, 07:30 AM
i would have to say and try grounding it the speakers to the HU. sometimes ground isn't always a ground.

audidrvr
12-27-2005, 09:10 AM
do you have a good ground? no paint, just clear metal? Are the speaker wires crossing any voltage wires?

juju4uofa
12-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Here's my exact setup. I've got wires spliced into the front line outs and ground of the concert HU. These wires run back to the trunk where they are spliced into female RCA plugs. Male RCA plugs then plug into my amp and four speaker wires run from the amp into my two crossovers (also in the trunk). Four wires run from each crossover, one to the driver's side front door and one to the passenger's side front door.

It's a lot of wiring which is what I thought may have been the problem. I pulled the componets out however and connected everything as close to it's source as possible and still no change. I'm considering buying the Blaupunkt adapter but I don't see how it'll be any different than my homebrew adapter.

I need an aftermarket HU but I'd really like to maintain the stock look.