PDA

View Full Version : Fouled Sparkplugs!

robsilvr85
12-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Well i was bored christmas day so i decided to replace my sparkplugs cause i've been gettin shitty mileage-16mpg. It was a good thing i did! The plugs that were on there were Autolite double platinums with .44 gap! .44! How could they fuck that up. I bought the car about 2 months ago and didn't know they used those kind. Whats weird was that it didn't throw a cel or anything too weird. I still have yet to drive it around and see if it'll solve part of my low mpg problem. Most likely it did but i just hope thats all. Oh and the tip was white meaning it was too hot and running lean. Might've been cause of the gap. Well i just wanted to let u guys know, i'm just glad i changed these suckers.
Oh and i replaced them w/ NGK bkr6e's - got them for 1.58 each at Advance Auto. Cheapest i've seen. Just some info for u Chi-town peeps if ur looking for cheap sparkplugs,lol [:D]

4ingDrive
12-25-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't think that would throw a cel anyway. Glad you found a problem. By the way that's the normal going rate for those plugs.

robsilvr85
12-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh ok cool. Well Murray's sold them for 2.00 and Autozone for a lil bit more i think. Speaking of autozone-some of those guys dont know shit. I was looking for bkr6e's and they told me they had them but they were bkr6e-11 which had a .44 gap- i tested them and asked wat the difference and they said nothing or they had no idea, geez. That and they didn't have them in stock and had to order them. Online its even more.

badassbaldie
12-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh and i replaced them w/ NGK bkr6e's - got them for 1.58 each at Advance Auto. Cheapest i've seen. Just some info for u Chi-town peeps if ur looking for cheap sparkplugs,lol

I just think it caught him off guard because everything else for Audis is expensive.

by the way, Chi-town peeps? Thank god for the "lol" or I would have thought you were serious...

robsilvr85
12-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Haha...yea.[:D]