PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light

SantorinA41.8T
12-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Okay so I left work around 7 drove for 30 minutes. went to a friends for about 1.5 hours then drove 45 minutes to Chilis.

I was at Chilis for about 2 hours and when I got in my car and started driving my check engine light started flashing, first blinking then almost like flutterling like a lamp with a loose cable.
Then it went on soild and stayed on for the 10 minutes that I drove home. I turned my car off a couple of times at lights to see if it would reset but it still came on.

The weather here is snow and cold, it started while I was at the resturant so could that have something to do with it. 3rd gear felt choppy at first then smoothed out. Air Flow? MAF?

I have an APR 1 bar chip.

Any help is appreciated.

-Adam

R-Dub
12-23-2005, 08:38 PM
VAG the car, but it sounds like a missfire.

SantorinA41.8T
12-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Another thing I just thought of was that my skid plate on isnt on the bottom of my car, could slush have piled on a sensor down there throwing off my codes? Isnt the O2 sensor down there?

The car runs fine, no sputtering or lag.

-R-Dub Thanks for the feedback Ill get it VAG on tuesday.

-Adam

R-Dub
12-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Go to Kragen/Autozone or whatever and they will scan your OBD for free.

The only thing your skid plate off would possibly hurt your oil pan if ice packed up on it.

Other than that, not much could get hurt.

O2 sensors are on the top of the cat...so unless you have some funky snow over there you should be fine.

rccthitman
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
my car use to rattle a lot when cold and it use to lag when i pressed the car. the solvent was two coil packs and one maf sensor.

partridgea4
01-15-2006, 03:57 PM
my engine light just came on at first it chose when it came on know it is purmenant. Not to long ago i had a coolant leak and i fixed it. Then i guss the leack broke the sensor for my coolant cold hot gauge and also changed how my ecu ran

BarryT82
01-15-2006, 04:28 PM
There is a sensor on the bottom of the oil pan and two wires coming off of it isn't there?