PDA

View Full Version : coolant problems

EastSidinA4
12-23-2005, 04:42 PM
earlier this week, I was having erractic coolant temp guage problems. ppl said it was my green coolant sensor. today I picked one up and installed it...driving it was fine but when I parked...the "engine too hot signal" starts blinking? what's wrong with my car? did I install the sensor wrong? is the sensor supposed to be installed really really snug, bc it seemed kinda loose. I gotta wait til the engine cools to work on it again but do u guys think its anything else that's makin it act stupid?

R-Dub
12-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Is steam/smoke comming from the engine bay?

EastSidinA4
12-23-2005, 05:24 PM
steam is coming out of my car but I think its coming from the cat converter bc some coolant drizzled on it

HighDesertAudi
12-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I had a leak in the same spot, i tried replacing the coolant sensor and o-ring but it kept leaking and getting on the cat. Turns out it was a cracked coolant manifold (the plastic piece that connects to the engine at the back and holds the coolant sensor). It wasnt too expensive I think it was around $20 somithin from the dealer. The sensor should fit snugley but its not super tight. Hope that helps