PDA

View Full Version : Rear ABS sensor wiring location?

Parz1val
05-20-2017, 06:20 AM
Yeah.... That is right. I have been repairing a 99 wagon 2.8 quattro that I picked up. Engine is done, runs perfect now along with other things. I am tackling the brake system now. I have replaced the ABS module and bled the system. Hooked up VCDS and had a fault for both rear speed sensors. Took a look and they are missing. I believe I found the hole where the DS wiring was but have not torn into it yet. a couple pictures would be really awesome if anyone has some showing the wiring route it takes and where they enter the vehicle. Thanks Everyone.

Quattro420
05-21-2017, 06:46 AM
On sedans the wire runs through a hole under the floor in front of both rear wheels pretty much at the bottom corner of door and they run to under the rear seat. I'd post pic but it's pouring rain

Parz1val
06-08-2017, 03:48 PM
On sedans the wire runs through a hole under the floor in front of both rear wheels pretty much at the bottom corner of door and they run to under the rear seat. I'd post pic but it's pouring rain

Sorry for the late reply. I am going to tackle it this weekend now that the sensors came in. Thanks again for letting me know! Now I just need to decide if I am gonna 2.7t it or 4.2 it.... hehe