PDA

View Full Version : started to launch my car again

aesthetics
12-21-2005, 08:46 PM
so ever since my pressure plate cracked in 3 different places on my stock clutch, i have been babying my southbend DXD. I started to launch the car, and wow is it diffeerent. Compared to the stock clutch, it is a lot harder to engage and actually get it smooth, but when i get it in, i feel the clutch holding more power. At first when i tried to launch it as if it had the stock clutch, i got a veryy harsh clunnkyy noise when i took off. it sounded bad and thought i broke something. Then i eased off and llaunched at a lower rpm and controlled the engagement more. I started to get a hang of it and would launch around 4-4.5k rpm
from launching at that rpm with a stock 2.8 and SB dxd clutch, i got a little tire spin and then took off. It is cold outside, so my tires dont have the traction they should(i have pzero nero m&s with about 2k on them) I didnt think my tires could break loose b/c my car is pretty mucch stock. i cant be crazy, but do you guys thinkn my wheels are breaking loose? ima get someone to be outside and watch tomorrow, but i wanted to ask all you before

bitterchild
12-21-2005, 09:15 PM
you have open differentials front and rear so you only have to break loose one of the front wheels to get tire spin which is pretty easy w/ a stock non-sport suspension. weight distribution is causing it, not power

aesthetics
12-22-2005, 11:45 AM
oooo ok, that makes sense now...thanks

nizmosx
12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
AND YOU THOUGHT IT WAS THE RAW POWER OF THE 2.8. hehe jk, good shit on the clutch, i just ordered one and cant wait to have it put in. I need to practice my launches as well. Good luck on the launch improvments.

EVIL-AUDI
12-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I could break my 19" loose anytime with my stage 3 clutch.

aesthetics
12-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by EVIL-AUDI
I could break my 19" loose anytime with my stage 3 clutch.

ok big guy..not everyone has a stage 3 clutch..nor wat ever otherr mods you havee....that would bee sicck tho,, cuz u have 19s...btw, wat chassis are ur 19s on? is it is a b5..did u roll ur fenders?

atwalker6
12-23-2005, 06:21 AM
its pretty hard to launch a chipped front traq

b00st
12-23-2005, 12:37 PM
evil has rolled fenders...i think it was the combo of rims and ride dropped that kinda forced rolled fenders on him. IIRC.