PDA

View Full Version : Side Moldings

SantorinA41.8T
12-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone, Ive owned my Audi for over a year now and Im just starting to post, sad I know... but no the less.

My drivers side molding started to fall off, due to the rusted metal runner (real surpirse)[rolleyes] Anyway as I did a search Ive found that many people have had to re-apply the door moldings mulitple times.

My question is who has taken them off completely, and how do you take the white plastic tabs out of the door? Is it a clean look? Will it look "messed" up with the lower molding still in place, or if RS4 skirts are added?

Ive searched on AZ, AW, Fourtitude and all i find is how to reapply the door moldings, nothing about full removal.

So any info will be appreciated, any pics would be great too.

Thanks guys,

Adam

EVIL-AUDI
12-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I posted about this before. I toom mine off and had those pins shaved. They will snap off the door, but leave behind the spot where they were.

SantorinA41.8T
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Nice! Thanks for the quick reply, so its not gonna look silly?

And then I also dont have to worry about salt and crude getting in there and eating my paint and rusting my door. Perfect.

Any respraying or touch up paint needed or is it so minimal that theres no need?

-Adam

EVIL-AUDI
12-21-2005, 11:58 AM
You have to get body work done to get rid of those marks. It will look terrible without work

gUrLsCaNdOiT2
12-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Check out LLtek.com they sell anything you can think of for european cars...

I know in there last catalog they have 4 fender integrators, they are $44 for a set of 4!

here is the link.... look in (section C #51)

http://www.lltek.com/catport/LLTEK2005_P78-89.pdf

jones3000
12-23-2005, 09:16 AM
yeah it will look bad unless the stubs are shaved and then you'll have to repaint the doors. It can get a bit costly. I would just replace them. ECS tuning has them for about $28 a door.

SantorinA41.8T
12-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey Thanks alot guys. I think everyones right and it will be easier and cheaper to buy new and paint them until I feel comfortable with the idea of dropping 400 bucks for side skirts.

-Adam