goldenchild
12-20-2005, 11:25 AM
any ideas.

BranCKY3
12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Before you let off the throttle?

Sal R.
12-20-2005, 11:33 AM
A BOV will vent anytime you let off the throttle, shifting or no shifting.

k0mpresd
12-20-2005, 11:36 AM
because the spring is too weak or not adjusted properly

blacka41point8t
12-20-2005, 11:38 AM
when your pushing on the gas and ur turbo spools and then you let off the gas it releases the air from the turbo spooling down. You dont have to shift in order for it to release the air...sit there and rev ur car and listen...

EVIL-AUDI
12-20-2005, 11:44 AM
This has to be a joke.

goldenchild
12-20-2005, 11:55 AM
i shoulda said i dont let off the throttle it has the stiffest spring with the tensioner pretty tight on it. now anymore suggestions. the prob is more than what u think im tryin to pin point why my car isnt runin properly so im pickin everything apart analyzin everything.

RedRocket
12-20-2005, 12:05 PM
because it's a defective product.
because it's installed backwards.
because the vac line is not attached.

and lastly your car isn't running properly because it's a BOV.

bitterchild
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
he's not running a maf

goldenchild
12-20-2005, 12:10 PM
my car is far from a reg 1.8t setup. i can run a bov and no maf...no im not standalone im dbw..lol

drlandry00
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
THROTTLE BODY CLOSES.. I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE.. UNLESS YOU NEVER LET OFF THE THROTTLE WHILE SHIFTING.. BUT BEFORE I SHIFT I USUALLY LET OFF THE GAS.. AND YES I AM YELLING...

goldenchild
12-20-2005, 12:22 PM
u obviously dont understand. im under load at 5psi it starts to release and im still under load it then shuts and builds full boost and up top it doesnt hold that well. check my sig if u ask what im runin

a4rings
12-20-2005, 12:24 PM
i think hes saying that while hes on boost and not letting off the gas the BOV vents. MAbe your BOV cannot hold all of the boodt from the t3. What kind of bov are you running?

RedRocket
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
^^^there we go.....

goldenchild
12-20-2005, 01:16 PM
a atp bov with the anti stall option

mike-2ptzero
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by goldenchild
a atp bov with the anti stall option

Might want to check your vac line to the BOV, sounds like it might have a leak which means the top of the bov isn't getting full pressure to keep it closed.

BTW are you still running the vac line from the control valve under the manifold or did you connect the line directly from the front of the manifold to the BOV?

werksmini
12-20-2005, 02:37 PM
admin_banvote "anyone with a bov or asking questions about them"

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
werks you should be banned, this is a legit question. If you would take the time to read the post he is NOT running a maf. BOVs are bad to run in conjunction with a maf therefore it works for his setup. I know several people running blowoffs on maf less cars with no issues. I dont know where you came from with 3 posts trying to ban someone that has been here for much longer than you and given contributions to this forum. Thats lame, build a rep first or youll get hated on.

mike-2ptzero
12-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by werksmini
admin_banvote "anyone with a bov or asking questions about them"

LOL, this isn't a noob post. So should I be banned too for running a TIAL 50mm BOV on my 500+ hp A4?

Before that I was even using a GFB stealth and before that a GFB hybrid, both used with a maf setup on my A4.

Just have to understand that a BPV with a 25mm(1 inch) inlet/outlet isn't going to flow enough air to remove all of the pressure when using a BT at high boost. Plus the fact that he is running mafless, so even if he did run a BPV it would still be running like a BOV.

werksmini
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx
werks you should be banned, this is a legit question. If you would take the time to read the post he is NOT running a maf. BOVs are bad to run in conjunction with a maf therefore it works for his setup. I know several people running blowoffs on maf less cars with no issues. I dont know where you came from with 3 posts trying to ban someone that has been here for much longer than you and given contributions to this forum. Thats lame, build a rep first or youll get hated on.

Just a bov joke. Fully aware of correct uses of BOV's on 1.8ts. [:D]

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by werksmini
Just a bov joke. Fully aware of correct uses of BOV's on 1.8ts. [:D]

ok cool, glad its a joke. Because there are some applications on this bored that require a blow off. However it seems the people who have them arerunning them more for the usability aspect rather than sound, (ie mike, and golden)

goldenchild
12-21-2005, 09:40 AM
ok well i went and replaced my plugs bc they were all carboned up and got all new vac lines. still didnt help the problem. also when gettin the a/f from the map since im not runnin a maf is it goin to stay at a constant fuel curve or can i lean it out any with my adj fpr. i know i can lean it out but i was wondering if the map fuel curve will keep compensation no matter what i do. just wondering bc im around 1 bar fp on 440cc and is still runin rich

mike-2ptzero
12-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Yes you an lean it out with the fpr, without the map the ecu is only running off the fuel map and the 02 sensor. Lowering the fuel pressure will help lean it out during wot and the ecu will still adjust during idle and part throttle.

nizmosx
12-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Have your considered getting your a/f ratio tuned in conjunction with an afc or the split second controller to solve the running rich issue. you might be able to pick up a few ponies if tuned right.

goldenchild
12-21-2005, 10:21 AM
a few ponies id be pickin up a shit load thats how bad my tune is right now. i have an 01 so i cant use a afc and ive had it widebanded and i was havin the problem of the bov releasing causin lost boost for a good period of time until the car would get up in the rpm band so high that it would finally close and then the car will just take off this shit is pissin me off bc its been almost a month and its freakin cold out so tunin sucks. i know once it gets runin right i will be happy but that hasnt happened yet...lol

mike-2ptzero
12-21-2005, 10:41 AM
a few ponies id be pickin up a shit load thats how bad my tune is right now. i have an 01 so i cant use a afc and ive had it widebanded and i was havin the problem of the bov releasing causin lost boost for a good period of time until the car would get up in the rpm band so high that it would finally close and then the car will just take off this shit is pissin me off bc its been almost a month and its freakin cold out so tunin sucks. i know once it gets runin right i will be happy but that hasnt happened yet...lol

Have you checked to see if the throttle is closing for any reason which causes the bov to open?

BTW what chip are you running?

goldenchild
12-21-2005, 10:48 AM
well i dont have vagcom and that is the last thing i havent been able to see. i am runin upsolute i was goin to go take it to dubworkz to see if the could reset the tb. i talked to upsolte and he told me to go into the engine part for the vagcom and select block 060 or 098 then go to the bottom of the screen and switch to basic settings. thats supposed to reset the throttle body. if u know the correct block let me know thanks. also how do u access a block on vag bc ive never used it and i have a feelin im goin to have to explain it to them bc they didnt seem to know how to either last time i was there

mike-2ptzero
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
well i dont have vagcom and that is the last thing i havent been able to see. i am runin upsolute i was goin to go take it to dubworkz to see if the could reset the tb. i talked to upsolte and he told me to go into the engine part for the vagcom and select block 060 or 098 then go to the bottom of the screen and switch to basic settings. thats supposed to reset the throttle body. if u know the correct block let me know thanks. also how do u access a block on vag bc ive never used it and i have a feelin im goin to have to explain it to them bc they didnt seem to know how to either last time i was there

Block 98 = ndbw
block 60 = dbw

Engine button
Measurement button
There will be 3 spots to enter a block #
Once that block starts to see data just look at the bottom of the page and you will see a button that says "basic settings". After you push that button you will see the word "RUN" in the last square to the right where you entered the block #. Once it says OK your done and you can exit your way out of the vag software.

goldenchild
12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
thx bro = i just need to get one which i am after xmas. im gonna run the vag on my pda cell

also do u even think this can solve my problem or a good suggestion

mike-2ptzero
12-21-2005, 01:02 PM
It is a easy place to start.