PDA

View Full Version : Rpm signal, tach , standalone.

replica_rs4
04-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Hello. I have 2001.5 s4 . I'm aware this an a4 forum . I'm posting in this section because there is way more a4s with standalone then s4.

I wired up link ecu with custom harness. Everything works but tachometer.
There are 2 pin in the back of gauge cluster related to rpm .
Pin 11 rpm signal
Pin 28 tach input
I have tried hooking up rpm signal wire from ecu to pin 11 or 28 with no luck .
I have newest style cluster .
Anyone knows 100 % if tach signal is pulse signal or CAN bus signal ?
Those of you that have installed standalone ecu on 2001 model a4 how did you wire up rpm signal?

Thinks in advance

Serge

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Nollywood
04-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Not sure about your cluster.

But, I do know that UK-spec facelift B5 S4's (with the later cluster) are CAN signal. The same applies to facelift B5 A4 (2000-2001).

replica_rs4
04-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Not sure about your cluster.

But, I do know that UK-spec facelift B5 S4's (with the later cluster) are CAN signal. The same applies to facelift B5 A4 (2000-2001).
Yes facelift cluster are can bus , bus is mostly used for center display . All other gauges in cluster use analog feed to them . got it all working but tachometer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

replica_rs4
10-17-2017, 03:02 PM
So i finally got it all figured out. well almost.

For those of you that have decided to run standalone with 1.8t CAN.
Option 1 code cluster to earlier version this will run all gauges in analog mode.
Option 2 code cluster to later version 2001+ and change it to turbo and 4cyl everything will work off CAN.
Now i cant confirm that abs will function, as i got impatient and ripped mine out because i couldnt figure out my CAN setting.
2.7 tt abs gets signal over slow k line bus , if 1.8t sends abs signal over high bus line then abs will work for sure, just recode it to 4 cyl turbo awd.
i hope this helps.

Murph_129
10-18-2017, 02:21 PM
So i finally got it all figured out. well almost.

For those of you that have decided to run standalone with 1.8t CAN.
Option 1 code cluster to earlier version this will run all gauges in analog mode.
Option 2 code cluster to later version 2001+ and change it to turbo and 4cyl everything will work off CAN.
Now i cant confirm that abs will function, as i got impatient and ripped mine out because i couldnt figure out my CAN setting.
2.7 tt abs gets signal over slow k line bus , if 1.8t sends abs signal over high bus line then abs will work for sure, just recode it to 4 cyl turbo awd.
i hope this helps.

Thanks for coming back and updating us A4 folks! Glad you got it working [up]

replica_rs4
10-20-2017, 12:39 PM
I apologize I made a mistake. Our cars came with abs 5.0 and abs 5.3 .
Abs 5.7 has ability to communicate over slow k line bus and high speed bus , depending on how its coded.
If 5.3 has same ability then all aftermarket ecu with 1.8t CAN bus will work .
In 2.7 TT coding config abs 5.3 works of k line
I will update this as I find more info.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)