PDA

View Full Version : V2 skirts....

b00st
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM
For those of you with V2 side skirts....any installation tips. I checked the archives....and AW. I also called LLTEK. Trying to understand this...you need to cut that rubber stock side skirt. and then it connects how? Anyone have any install tips or pics?

Crisqo
12-19-2005, 01:43 PM
I took off the rocker covers when I installed mine..

b00st
12-19-2005, 01:50 PM
is that it? just take off the rocker panels and the V2s clip in?

Crisqo
12-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Yup..took the whole thing off..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Crisqo_09/DSC00522.jpg
(these are also for sale...LoL)

and then glued & screwed the skirts on..
I hit\scrap 6 speed bumps every morning, and 6 speed bumps every afternoon....and still holding strong..

b00st
12-19-2005, 02:15 PM
noyce...good to hear they are still holding strong....i'ma bout to be in the same situation.

so did the part with the audi door sill part have to come off too? is that what those flaps are?

goody6691
12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
i just cut the stock side piece that goes over the bottom of the door edge and slid the v2 skirt in place, if all lines up i glued it on ,no scews . i have had them on for over a year and have had no problems.

nizmosx
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
BOOST, when you take off the stock rocker pannels make sure you heat them up with a heat gun and take your sweet time taking them off. These things brake and bend easy. Make sure your very patient taking them off. WITH THAT BEING SAID, when you take them off can u sell them to me. =)

b00st
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
well i'm having my buddy's body shop do them, since he has to paint them. i'm sure he has all the tech things to take them off. I just didn't know if your supposed to completely remove them or cut them or what. Just looking for a little guidance...so I can give it to him...not sure he needs it...but I'm very picky.

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Well when mine was installed they were removed and same with dvs. If you remove them properly the paint color from underneath looks super clean and nice. When the new skirt is installed it all blends and gives it a clean look. Whenever people cut them they always look ghetto i dont care who does the work. I have seen 3 setups with the stock ones cut and they looked like shit and out of place. Im not just saying that so u can sell me your stock rockers, im telling you because its true. Feel free to cut them and try it but i 100 percent garantee youll wish u didnt.

A4_Andre
12-20-2005, 11:34 AM
WTF are the rocker panels? i'm curious what you guys are talking about because i will be doing the same thing when the weather warms up.

are you refering to the lower door molding as the rocker panels? That's the only thing i know of that you have to cut to get the skirts to fit.

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 12:45 PM
we are talking about the black door sills that can only be seen when the door is open. The older ones are just black plastic but 99 cars and above have black ones with aluminum plates that say A4.. If anyone is removing these peices and does a great job of not ruining them, i will offer good money for them. in some cases it might be enough to pay for more than half of your side skirts.

b00st
12-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by A4_Andre
WTF are the rocker panels? i'm curious what you guys are talking about because i will be doing the same thing when the weather warms up.

are you refering to the lower door molding as the rocker panels? That's the only thing i know of that you have to cut to get the skirts to fit.

rocker panel and the black lower door molding is the same thing.

what nismo is talking about is the door sill with the A4 logo which I would like to keep in the ride cuz it is fresh...my brothers 2004 B6 doesn't even have that.

A4_Andre
12-20-2005, 01:47 PM
hmm, i'll have to analyze my door sills a bit closer. Other then the A4 aluminum part they still dont look the same as Crisuo's

b00st
12-20-2005, 02:10 PM
well isnt' there to flaps....one attached to the outside lower door panel and one attached to the door sill.

audidood
12-20-2005, 04:16 PM
you're better off just screwing on the V2s. cuz if your car is lowered with those things, you're gonna have a bitch of a time changing your tire if you get a flat. look for EuroprojektzS4 for more info.

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by A4_Andre
hmm, i'll have to analyze my door sills a bit closer. Other then the A4 aluminum part they still dont look the same as Crisuo's

the reason they dont look like crisco's is because he has an older a4. the older a4s came with different rockers or whatever they are called. The dealer has a weird name for them. BUt the ones crisco has are about 100 new for the set and the ones that say a4 are about 240-250 a side.. yea thats right a side. my friggen body shop ripped mine off and destroyed them in the process. Now i cant afford to buy new ones. So my a4 doesnt even have stock a4 sides. =(. someone sell me theirs. Dads auto wants 250 shipped for both sides used. thats caca

b00st
12-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by audidood
you're better off just screwing on the V2s. cuz if your car is lowered with those things, you're gonna have a bitch of a time changing your tire if you get a flat. look for EuroprojektzS4 for more info.

actually I'm wondering how i'm going to change rims back and forth between winter and summer. i think the V2 skirts will be to low for me to get the stock jack underneath. I can't get the real jack underneath there as is. Now with rieger all the way around...this will be an issue. I have ramps....not sure I will make it up the ramps with the RS4 front bumper and the car being dropped by H&R sports. I do have factory sports suspension so I'm not sure how much more of a drop it is. but V2 sides won't let me use a jack...hopefully I can get up by ramp. kinda doubting it.
now i'm concerned about it.

Crisqo
12-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I have to drive on 2 pieces of wood (about 3-4" high) to fit a jack underneath it...

b00st
12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
yeah so you have 2 pieces of wood....stepped....so you can drive up them.

i did think about doing that....i just don't like it. price to pay to look good i guess.

A4Rob
12-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Crisqo
I took off the rocker covers when I installed mine..

same here