PDA

View Full Version : Big boost cars - Show me your catch can/ PCV solution

andyrew
04-10-2017, 08:34 AM
I have my system blowing to atmosphere and the new seals seem to not be able to handle the crankcase / head pressure.

Right now I have an AEB valve cover and it has no port for the PCV so thats the first thing to get fixed, second is to route it and the crank vapors to catch can, then pull vacuum either from the exhaust via a venturi or via a standard PCV in the intake.

Curious what you big power guys are doing. Right now my setup is about 400hp and I dont want to crank it up any more till I solve this.

Thanks!

Rodgman15
04-10-2017, 09:07 AM
I just finished mine to a point where it doesn't leak/blow gaskets and seals anymore. 034 adapter from block to catch can, welded a fitting to the valve cover to the catch can (to the side, because there wasn't enough room to weld directly to the back of the valve cover), then on the bottom of the catch can it goes to the exhaust via a scavenger system. Works flawlessly. 450ish wheel HP @ 35 psi, this was the only solution i've found so far that works! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170409/fd71a47c334df3278e1a177b7dc1659b.jpg

A1 A2 German
04-10-2017, 10:23 AM
There's a few Catch Can threads, many of them have my own set ups.

1) Kinda bad news bears your vc isn't vented (what a strain), even all facelifts are vented.
2) You do not need to "pull or help" the system, it's positive pressure, like a ballon deflating due to positive pressure it doesn't need help.
3) I have the sickest catch can for sale (dual vent, 4 inlets, powdercoated, brand new)..like $60
4) Or forget about a catch can and look up my Scavenger Set Up thread.