PDA

View Full Version : OEM RS4 Bumper

Quattrocket
12-18-2005, 07:36 PM
so Im going to go with an OEM RS4 bumper this winter, but first I gotta few Qs about it.
1. Whats a reasonable price?
so far Ive got one lined up for $750US.
2. How much body work/cost is involved in making it fit properly?
3. When the bumper is installed, is it possible for me to remove the bumper myself for maintainance reasons and install it myself and have it still align properly?

Cactus00S4
12-18-2005, 07:42 PM
i talked to som people and they pulled the fenders and lil bit and used a heat gun to almost remold the the shape of the sides so it fits good, could jus get the rs4 fenders for the front, then jus get flares for the bak to even out the wideness, i was gonna go OEM but i didnt wanna spend alot on fitting it, plus i herd its like paper thin, but im not sure about that

Quattrocket
12-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I was just looking that up on the net. i would actually rather have RS4 fenders. where Can I find them at? I just did a quick google and came up empty.

EVIL-AUDI
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
RS4 Fenders? I think you need to search more cause it isn't that easy.

Cactus00S4
12-18-2005, 07:53 PM
well im jus givin ideas, would look badass with em

Quattrocket
12-18-2005, 07:56 PM
what else could be involved? wheel liner? spacers? I did a search but it sucked.

b00st
12-18-2005, 09:28 PM
i just bought my rieger RS4 bumper...its not OE...but its still better than 7fiddy. 498 for mine...just get a body shop to put it on...and they will get you the perfect fit...regardless of OE or Aftermarket. I will post picks of mine...its one of my XMAS presents...I won't be installing it till winter is mostly gone so that will be late MARCH. As I am getting suspension done too...i don't really want to plow snow with my bumper nor do i want to run over one of those giant ice build thingies that fall from people fender wells when, it decides to fall off. happens alot on the highway.

Quattrocket
12-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Boost, where did you get your bumper at?

Audi_Sniper
12-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I picked mine up new from a guy in Toronto for $350.

It is a little bit of a PITA to get it to fit right. Just allot of taking it on and off and reshaping it. You will need to off-set the bumper shocks for it to sit right.. Do a search on here, there was a thread when I was doing mine..

As for the RS4 fenders I was looking at doing the same thing. But they will not look right if you just do the fenders.

PM me if you want more info..[;)]

ExpLlclT
12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
OEM doesn't that mean it should fit properly ?

EVIL-AUDI
12-19-2005, 09:40 AM
haha, no it doesn't. Not when the RS4 is a flared fender car.

Starting
12-19-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm trying to find rs4 fenders and an oem rs4 bumper now, as well as an euro s4 rear bumper. If anyone has any places to look I would appreciate it.

Audi_Sniper
12-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Starting
I'm trying to find rs4 fenders and an oem rs4 bumper now, as well as an euro s4 rear bumper. If anyone has any places to look I would appreciate it.

Good luck with that.. I sourced all the stuff out last spring... Shipping is going to kill that idea...
The RS4 fenders will not flow right. It will look off if you dont have the side skirts...

Do a search on AW and you will see what I'm talking about the fenders not looking right. There is a pic of a A4 with just the front bumper and fenders and it just looks bad.

Here is the old post on the rear bumper.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58531&highlight=S4+euro+rear+bumper