PDA

View Full Version : A4 suspension package question

tominizer
12-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm a total newb regaridng the technical side of the A4 suspension with regards to upgrades. I have a 2001.5 1.8T quattro and I want to replace the suspension next spring. At this time, I'm going with variable perch bilsteins, H&R race springs............ but I'm wondering about the front and rear sway bars???? Any insight there would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to upgrade these to keep the balance ??? I'm not going with coilovers due to budget constraints of a second project vehicle.

[a4]

salz2135
12-17-2005, 12:57 PM
I don't think you there is any reason you NEED to upgrade sway bars if you do your suspension swap. Just do your upgrade and see how it feels.

geeboyjibber
12-17-2005, 02:19 PM
just get a rear sway. I have the neuspeed 19mm rear with stock sport front sway.

P.S. you do not have an ultrasport.

joeya103
12-17-2005, 04:24 PM
"2001.5 Quattro Ultrasport"

No such thing. Ultrasport is referring to the absolutely sexy package for the B6s (dunno about the B7s). Not our cars.

Sway bars are a nice, but optional addition. Your handling will already be much improved just from dropping your car. If you drive more spirited than the average joe, you will want a sway bar.