PDA

View Full Version : finally gonna fix my fuel sender unit prob.

Quattrocket
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
its been about a year of having erratic fuel guage readings so i finally ordered a new fuel sender unit with a bunch of ither "goodies" like new door blades and exhaust mani gaskets/ studs and nuts and turbo gaskets because the ones i got were either the wrong type or just shit. so my car will be running/looking good for the new year. finally./

R-Dub
12-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Have fun with the sender unit!

Your lower back will be aching scrunched up under your trunk!

onemoremile
12-17-2005, 12:15 PM
my sender was a piece of cake. no scrunching here. wagon power!

k0mpresd
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
ive taken my sender out twice now to fix it...id rather take it out whenever it starts acting up and fix than spend $60 to get a new one

finding the release button the first time was a little difficult but the second time was absolute cake [up]

R-Dub
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile
my sender was a piece of cake. no scrunching here. wagon power!

Damn you and your wagon!

juju4uofa
12-17-2005, 02:54 PM
K0mpresed, How did you fix it? I was about to order one but I'd rather just fix it if I could. Also, where's this release button you speak of.

k0mpresd
12-18-2005, 06:26 PM
theres a tech article on AW about it

its really hard for me to explain how i fixed it w/o taking pictures and its in my car @ the moment..lol...but its just a small wire that breaks, if youre techy/handy @ all then you should be able to find a way to fix it w/ a new wire or resolder the old one...soldering is kind of difficult because solder doesnt like to stick to whatever metal/materials its made out of

biturbo hero
12-18-2005, 06:32 PM
how did you confirm that you have a sender prob ??

k0mpresd
12-18-2005, 06:33 PM
youll know [;)]

the fuel gauge reading completely empty or bouncy is usually a pretty good indication