PDA

View Full Version : Coolant drip from radiator/lower-hose connection? (2.8)

elduderino200
03-31-2017, 10:39 AM
It did my t-belt recently and everything went well but after driving it around and parking overnight I noticed a small coolant leak. I traced it back to the connection between the radiator and the lower radiator hose - somewhere in there.

I have confirmed the hose seats fully and the clip fits but it still gives a little drip. I can make it leak slightly more if I give the hose a little tug away from the rad but I inspected but the hose and the rad connection and nothing seems cracked/torn.

Does anybody have experience with this? I don't know that I've ever seen it as a failure point or common failure point.

Thanks!

99 2.8 MT AHA

elduderino200
04-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Got it!

If anybody is having a similar problem and came across this, it turns out there's an o-ring in-between the lower rad hose and the rad (no surprise) but there's also a small plastic tapered o-ring. If you look at pictures of the lower radiator hose (http://i.imgur.com/z7pdKva.jpg) you'll see inside at the plastic piece. It goes hose > rubber o-ring > plastic tapered o-ring > retaining clip > radiator. The clip being 'set in' last of course.