PDA

View Full Version : Error-Code / Misfire / Plz.Help

recordstyle
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Was driving up the Route 3 hill today, and the car was "bucking" a bit while accelerating, display had the CEL blinking, it reset once i accelerated normally on the way down the hill, then CEL popped back on to stay a little afterwords.

Took it to my harrison mechanic/friend - he VAG'd it and it showed Cylinder 3 as misfiring.

Still doing searching on here for similar reports/known misfire glitches in our cars, or solutions, but I was told that it's fine to continue driving it as is...

So, after the long winded background - should I look into the coilpack recall possibility that i was told exists? Should I just let it be and drive it as is? Is cylinder 3 such a big concern for a daily driver?

I'm 2001.5 Quattro Tip Sport, with the APR 93 chip installed. (Looking into getting the 710N upgrade soon, or something similar, if it has anything to do with the turbo bucking/acting up like that...)

Thanks

Quattrocket
12-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Your mech should have known to swap the coils with another cylender then VAG it again to see if the mis-fire moved to the other cyl. then you would know for sure if it was the coilpack or not. Id say its a coilpack issue. when did you change the spark plugs last? theres a possibility as well.

geeboyjibber
12-17-2005, 02:25 PM
yup prolly coilpacks, ive gone through 3 sets.

R-Dub
12-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey, read my thread - check your suction hose too, its right behind the TB.