PDA

View Full Version : Another Blitzsafe question....Sorry!

juju4uofa
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Guys I'm still so confused I don't understand why there are so many differnt styles of adaptors and am afraid I'll order the wrong one. I just talked to a guy at from Enfig and he told me to buy this http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/AUDI_MLINK1_V1B.html What I'm afraid of is the adaptor which is the bottom plug on the concert head unit will not be exactly like the one that's in the car now. I realize I'll lose my cd changer but that connection also has high level outputs for all four speakers. So, does anyone know if it's exactly the same? Thanks.

jbrentd
12-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I think that's the one I have. I changed my Delta CC HU to a Concert. On the back of my HU there was a row of three color coded plugs (Like those in the picture). Two of them remained and the thrid one changed from CDC to Blitzsafe. I believe one of the two that I did not change was for the speaker outputs.

juju4uofa
12-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, I just ordered the one in the above link. Everything I can find leads me to believe it's what I want. I just hope the new connector that plugs back into the radio has all the wiring for every Line Level Out. If not I'll have to find and then add more pins.

TheDude
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Will that work for a nano? Does the wire just come out of the side of the headunit?

adh247
12-16-2005, 07:13 PM
i could be wrong, but if it requires you to plug in the Yellow, Grn, Blue Plug, Then wont that disable the RDS Display on your speedometer cluster? thats what happened when a friend of mine put one in his A4, and he opted for the RDS feature over the ipod etc. feature. I personally would rather have Ipod Connections

adh247
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM
its also the high level inputs too, like you were saying

juju4uofa
12-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I assume the nano has the same plug as the other iPods. If it does then yes it'll work. This particular adaptor plugs into the bottom connection on hte concert radio taking the place of your line outs, navigation and some other accessories (which if you've got concert stereo you probablt don't have these accessories anyway), and most importantly your CD changer. There is another harness coming out of the adapter to plug your stock connector back in. In turn, the only thing it does is replace your CD changer. I listened to one like this yesterday and the sound quality was excellent. It was much better than the cassete adaptor even witht Dolby on.