PDA

View Full Version : getting angry...

Scuba06Steve
12-14-2005, 10:02 PM
...at how hard it is to get the plastic on the interior just right. ive molded two plastics together to form one peice because i have an aftermarket cd deck and how the stock tape thingy is huge. i cant get the plastic smooth enough, i sand it for days and its jsut never good enough. i wanted to know if there was something thicker then spray paint i could spray on or some type or cloth material i could wrap it in. because sanding it is taking too long and is way too hard.

heres a pic, except now the plastic around the cd deck is one with the plastic around that, i also wanna do something with the molding around the emergency switch etc. someone has had to have this problem please help!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Scuba06Steve/12-03-05225.jpg

Poopie
12-14-2005, 10:18 PM
bondo?

BranCKY3
12-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Maybe you should use a finer grit sand paper.

Scuba06Steve
12-14-2005, 11:47 PM
i used bondo, it worked great too, what my problem is is more my fault and not the bondos. i cant seem to get it right so i wanna know if there is another way i could do this.

i went to 1800 grit i think it was. it was the 2nd finest they had there.

but its not the sandpaper really... its more there are slight indents along the plastic... ill sand a part down and then ill create new ones. i dont know what other methods i could use.

i really need some advice.

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 10:55 AM
what you need to do is use bondo to fill in the previous holes. Make sure you are using those flat metal tools used to apply plaster on walls to fill in holes. Once all the holes are filled in then you can sand it and paint over it. Fill in the holes a little more than the plastic so when you are saning there are no little nicks. When you are sanding be sure to use a sanding block since you are sanding a flat surface. Be gental. I would first use a 400 grit, then work way up. hope this helps.

AudiGuy666
12-15-2005, 10:58 AM
your knob is crook :P