PDA

View Full Version : Cost effective way to get wheels from Germany over here?

Slipstream
12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Is there such a method? I know trying to ship them through any standard shipping service will eat me alive ($500+), but is there a trick of some kind to get around this? Maybe the slow boat from Germany or something?

Hassmeister
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Know of anyone in the Military over there?

willeS4
12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
I would like to know the same thing. I think the best solution for me would be to spend a weekend in the states and buy some nice wheels while I'm there and fly home with them but I don't know how much you're allowed to bring with you.

nizmosx
12-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Lots of fraud going on in europe so before you buy any wheels from there ask yourself this one question.

DOES THIS DEAL SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE... if the answer is yes, pass on the deal. I was about to buy some wheels and the guy was a fraud, the money gram lady on the phone convinced me to pass up the deal. she saved me 1200 dollars. the wheels were worth 3000 tho. so i was getting a heck of a deal.

Gundem
12-14-2005, 11:45 AM
find cyber-GF ...german girls love american guys. she'll do anything. lol
[rolleyes]

nd4spd
12-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by willeS4
I would like to know the same thing. I think the best solution for me would be to spend a weekend in the states and buy some nice wheels while I'm there and fly home with them but I don't know how much you're allowed to bring with you.

int'l flights .....i think... you are allowed to carry 2 bags 32 kg's each...antyhing abouve that and you have to pay.
also the dimensions of the bags are real strict too. i doubt u would be able to fit wheels in em. it would be cheaper to ship them.
maybe u could put one wheel per bag and ship the other two .... or fly with a friend .... 4 bags 4 wheels and not much room for anything else !!!! :)

willeS4
12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
My dad travels alot so I would go with him. I would get the flight for free and I would share the hotel room with him. He uses to bring his golf bag with him and he can take big things with him for free. 4 wheels weighs a bit more than a golf bag though...

BarryT82
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Last time I flew from germany to canada it was $80 for an additional bag.