PDA

View Full Version : GOT A speeding tix last night. bleh

nizmosx
12-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Well i been driving like a granny for so long now cleaning up my record and what not but for some reason last night i had a heavy foot down signal hill in long beach, That heavy foot got me a ticket for going 63 in a 40. I really thought i was going 55 but i guess the UCKER clocked me at 63. Ohh well i didnt argue i took the ticket and speed off obeying all trafic laws for the last mile to my house from where i was pulled over. I took it and smiled because its not the worst thing in the world. Heck i could have been tookie and executed at 12. Be carefull on the roads fellas. you can be a granny for so long but all it takes is one slip..

VII
12-13-2005, 04:40 PM
www.ticketassassin.com Fight it! not unless you would like to go to traffic school. I was able to fight my last ticket in newport were a cop "clocked" me at 65 in a 35. Fought it by written declaration and won, paid nothing with no point!!! WOOOO

nizmosx
12-13-2005, 04:43 PM
well the thing with that is i am guilty, i got happy and gunned the car and i deserve the ticket. So im gona pay and go to traffic school. I cant afford trying to fight it then not winning and having it go on my record. I feel i should pay my dues. I am guilty.

badassbaldie
12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Well said nizmosx. If everyone had that attitude in life, the world would be a great(er) place.

Weejie
12-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by badassbaldie
If everyone had that attitude in life, the world would be a great(er) place.

why didn't someone tell me Michael Jackson bought a b5? I swear that exact line is in one of his songs.

of course, not like i would know [;)]

badassbaldie
12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
He stole it from me...Is that Billie Jean I hear in the background? [:D]

gh0st
12-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Fight it anyway. Its only traffic court, its not like you need a lawyer. Just show up and its almost a guarantee that they drop it to something lesser. If they dont, oh well, but might as well try

clconversion
12-15-2005, 06:25 AM
I have taken all 4 speeding tickets I ahve gotten in my 10 years of driving to court and 2 of them the cop didn't even show up and the other 2 they still droped the price well worth taking it to court

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I understand that they drop the price but what im trying to explain to you guys is that if i go to court and the cop shows up, TRAFFIC SCHOOL IS NO LONGER AN OPTION. I was just in court for a ticket i didnt deserve and the cop didnt show, however there were other people that were there and the cop who gave them the ticket showed. When they were pronounced guilty by the judge traffic school was not an option, because they tried to fight the ticket. I can not have anything else on my record or i get dropped from insurance. Im no stranger to the court room. Im there at least 2-3 times a year.

belinko
12-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I've got a lifetime membership to a Traffic School I've visited them 3 times this year, but no POINTS.

Do you have a V1? If not get one.

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
yea i hear you can have up to 3 in 18 months even tho everyone says you can only have one. Suposedly if you want to go to traffic school twice in 18 months all you do is ask for level two traffic school. Yes that means 2 8 hour classes. eeeeek

trailboss
12-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I can not have anything else on my record or i get dropped from insurance. Im no stranger to the court room. Im there at least 2-3 times a year.

Well if you pay it do you think its just magically not going to show up on your record. Dont know the laws in cali but here in FL thats a 2 pt ticket.

My friend is in the same situation has 4 points on his license already and just got a ticket for street racing by an off duty cop. If he pays the ticket then his license gets taken away but if he takes it to court he can fight it and probablly win in his case. I think the ticket was for 5 pts, could be more.

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Well if you pay it do you think its just magically not going to show up on your record. Dont know the laws in cali but here in FL thats a 2 pt ticket.

um no its not magically gona disapear. If i pay the fine and go to traffic school, the points dont go on your record. Do u guys see what im saying.
I can either go to court and fight it, if i loose traffic school is not an option. Or i can just suck it up, pay for it, go to traffic school, and not have it on my insurance. Is that clear to everyone.

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
When you street race the ticket is a wreckless driving ticket and is almost recognized as being as bad as a dui. I have gotten one 9 years ago and its off my record now. Wreckless driving is a 2 point ticket, possible impound of car, and possible suspension.

willeS4
12-15-2005, 03:17 PM
do you guys have to go to traffic school if you get a ticket? that sucks...

belinko
12-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Ja Voll, Ein Ticket = traffic school + Cash money

nramsey
12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Not saying it's right for everyone, but the last speeding ticket I got (on my bike) I decided to try a traffic lawyer that everyone on the local cycleforums recommended. I didn't have to ever meet them in person and they got it completely dropped because "the prosecutor did not meet their burden of proof". Right or wrong, traffic laywers tend to try to get tickets dropped because police departments can be sloppy documenting things like radar gun calibration, officer training on the equipment etc.

The lawyer cost more than the ticket by far, but who knows how much I saved in insurance over the next 3 years. I didn't feel great about getting off on a technicality, but traffic enforcement is such a questionable thing as far as what they choose to enforce, I don't feel to bad. I think they ought to enforce things like left lane campers and inattentive drivers much more than doing 10 MPH over the limit on an open freeway. Would do much more good to make the roads safer.

BTW, another option Washington state has is deferrment. This is where you pay $100 and the ticket doesn't go on your record. If you don't get another ticket in the next year it is completely dropped and wiped away. But, if you do get another ticket you have to pay both and they BOTH go on your record so better be carefull.

quattro8239
12-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx

um no its not magically gona disapear. If i pay the fine and go to traffic school, the points dont go on your record. Do u guys see what im saying.
I can either go to court and fight it, if i loose traffic school is not an option. Or i can just suck it up, pay for it, go to traffic school, and not have it on my insurance. Is that clear to everyone.

We should be so lucky in Jersey, wreckless driving is 4 points anything over 16mph I believe is also a 4 point ticket.

trailboss
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Jersey sucks bad. Thats where i got my first and only ticket. I went on a road trip there and coming home he said he clocked me doing 84 in a 65 i was like no way i had my cruise control set to 75 and i said that to him. So he wrote me a ticket for 74 in a 65, so i decided to be a smart ass with him cause he was just a complete dick. Told him if i would have seen you i would have slowed down. Cops suck no matter who they are, they act like they are the most important person on earth.

LateraLex
12-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by nramsey
[B]I think they ought to enforce things like left lane campers and inattentive drivers much more than doing 10 MPH over the limit on an open freeway. Would do much more good to make the roads safer.

Amen.

I have no problem with the role of cops, but the last one who pulled me over was a complete ass. He wanted to merge to my road and I didn't slam on the brakes to let him in, so he pulled me over for "not having an inspection sticker on the license plate"
Why don't you go yell at the DMV attendant who forgot to put it on? [confused]

Originally posted by willeS4 do you guys have to go to traffic school if you get a ticket? that sucks...
I wish we could in MA. No way to get out of insurance points...