PDA

View Full Version : Door Clunk/Jam

Mattr567
03-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Hey everyone,

So today I noticed the passenger door makes a loud metallic noise when I close it. Just started today. Not sure if something is getting jammed or something needs lubricating. Video's pretty self-explanatory.

Driver side (good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sQVyH2S7zo

Passenger side (bad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg8sOQ9EnEY&feature=youtu.be

Davdraco1
03-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Lube her up bud. Looks like the rust has made the smith surface not so smooth and fluid any more. Maybe grab a flat head and try to scrape off some of that rust.

Mattr567
03-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Lube her up bud. Looks like the rust has made the smith surface not so smooth and fluid any more. Maybe grab a flat head and try to scrape off some of that rust.

Dissolved the rust and lubed it, seems good now. Also did all the other latches while I was at it.

It's been raining a lot lately so I figure the lube got washed away and got a bit rusty. Sits outside.

Davdraco1
03-01-2017, 07:23 PM
if you have rust you have bare metal, maybe take a little paint brush and cover it with some paint. idk how long the paint will last but it cant hurt

Mattr567
03-01-2017, 07:50 PM
if you have rust you have bare metal, maybe take a little paint brush and cover it with some paint. idk how long the paint will last but it cant hurt

Yea. It was on the mating surfaces so it makes sense. All that metal rubbing for 18+ years. I'd imagine that cars out in the rust belt look a lot worse though lol.

I'll look into it.

cclarkb5
03-01-2017, 11:05 PM
My drivers door squeaks like the Maserati biturbo door in Grand Tour in the winter. I call it character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davdraco1
03-02-2017, 07:28 AM
My drivers door squeaks like the Maserati biturbo door in Grand Tour in the winter. I call it character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Character.....

TheRedGlacier
03-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Yea. It was on the mating surfaces so it makes sense. All that metal rubbing for 18+ years. I'd imagine that cars out in the rust belt look a lot worse though lol.

I'll look into it.

Believe it or not, not really. My car was imported to Pennsylvania, then lived in North Carolina for around 12 years, and has been here for about 3 or 4 years, and is barely brown on the hinges. I think I may just remove the doors eventually and redo them all. Or get any rust off and spray antirust lube like once every couple weeks.