PDA

View Full Version : 99.5...Considered a 99 or 00?



NogaroA4
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
So I might be selling my a4 and I was wondering when looking up the value do i list it as a 99 on nada.com or a 00?

Yuikio
12-12-2005, 08:45 PM
99.

SoleMate
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
99

is your car nogaro?\

edit: i realize how stupid of a question that is given your username

NogaroA4
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by SoleMate
99

is your car nogaro?

yup

joeya103
12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
hot color for an A4...

NieFolgen
12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
I would say 2000 since it's the updated look that matches the 2000s. Thought there were no differences between the 99.5 and the 2000s. Guess I am wrong though.

TurbousMaximus
12-13-2005, 10:29 AM
i would say 2000 and take a bit off the price. If your gonna part some stuff out let me know.

jones3000
12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
^^^ doesn't make sense. There's isn't a world of a difference in the prices either.

diegomatrix
12-13-2005, 11:23 AM
well.... you aren't really fooling anyone..
a vin check up will show it as 99.
i'd just list it as 99, and then proceed to explain in your sale ad that it's a 99.5 and how that makes it better than a 99 (or even '00 for that matter..)

and.....you're wrong when you say there are no differences between 99.5 and '00

NogaroA4
12-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by NieFolgen
I would say 2000 since it's the updated look that matches the 2000s. Thought there were no differences between the 99.5 and the 2000s. Guess I am wrong though.

I'll let you know most likely I'll be keeping it...but I'm considering an s4...Its a 1925 dollar difference

BavarianAudi
12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
i doubt that s4's go for 20G's easily.

Scuba06Steve
12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
put it in as a 99

and then u can tell them the styling is of the newer 00.

the 99.5 dident have CD players standard. they put that into effect in 2000.

there was another difference but i forgot.

NieFolgen
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
What pisses me off is when you're searching for a 99.5 (ie. on Autotrader), you get the outdated A4s without the improvements such as the lights and seats amoung other things.

RedRocket
12-13-2005, 11:46 AM
ummm, did everyone forget the biggest difference? Engine.

diegomatrix
12-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RedRocket
ummm, did everyone forget the biggest difference? Engine.

umm..no, i didn't forget it. I left it up to them to search the archive and find out for themselves...lol..

ndbw, dbw

NieFolgen
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by RedRocket
ummm, did everyone forget the biggest difference? Engine.

Just assumed that since they both were 1.8T and 2.8s that they were the same? Apparently not, and therefore I am done with this thread. I'll stick to my prehistoric 1996 A4.

RedRocket
12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by NieFolgen
Just assumed that since they both were 1.8T and 2.8s that they were the same? Apparently not, and therefore I am done with this thread. I'll stick to my prehistoric 1996 A4.


[:p] It's ok, mine was born in Feb 97, some parts from 96 too [:)]

haha, the longest B5 1.8T to rule the throne is the first AEB. From 97 - 99.5. Then AWM 2000 and ATW 2001 followed. Maybe I got those two reversed. Not sure what's happened after the B6.

diegomatrix
12-13-2005, 11:57 AM
umm.. he's got a 1.8T since he doesn't have the chrome trim around his windows. so....we were talking about the 1.8t changes between 99.5 and '00 and not 2.8s.

edit: opps.. this isn't a response to you, red =p~ you posted at the same time as me..lol

TurbousMaximus
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by NogaroA4
I'll let you know most likely I'll be keeping it...but I'm considering an s4...Its a 1925 dollar difference

uhh lol get the S..shiyat ill give u the difference haha

RedRocket
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by diegomatrix
umm.. he's got a 1.8T since he doesn't have the chrome trim around his windows. so....we were talking about the 1.8t changes between 99.5 and '00 and not 2.8s.

edit: opps.. this isn't a response to you, red =p~ you posted at the same time as me..lol

haha, it's ok. Good eye about the trim, that's what I was looking at.

NieFolgen
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by NieFolgen
Just assumed that since they both were 1.8T and 2.8s that they [the engines for the 99.5 and the 2000 models] were the same? Apparently not.

When I wrote this, I thought that you all meant that the engines changed from 99.5 to 2000. I knew the differences between a 1.8T and a 2.8.

I see now, where the misunderstanding took place.

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by RedRocket
ummm, did everyone forget the biggest difference? Engine.

Obviously one piece headlights are more important than drive by cable. duh

RedRocket
12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
^^^they are! Bling Bling [rolleyes]

AudiSnawb
12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
what does it say on your registration? Mines a 99.5 and they all say 99...... if it was a 2000, it would say 2000 so booking it a year newer than what it is is misleading.... doesnt matter if it has one piece headlights or two..........................................

nizmosx
12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
the radios are also different, my 99.5 has a single din, 00's have double. Also the dash is different. for 99.5 it was a 1500 dollar option to have the trip computer display. Most of them like mine just came with the normal cluster. All 2000's have the trip display. I would say 99.5 is much more like the 99 because of the motor and most of the styling. 99.5 just got a little face lift with some interior and exterior goodies wich are mostly listed in this thread and several others in the archives. =)

jones3000
12-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Only you Audi geeks use 99.5. It's a 99. The VIN doesn't specify the difference.

NogaroA4
12-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by nizmosx
the radios are also different, my 99.5 has a single din, 00's have double. Also the dash is different. for 99.5 it was a 1500 dollar option to have the trip computer display. Most of them like mine just came with the normal cluster. All 2000's have the trip display. I would say 99.5 is much more like the 99 because of the motor and most of the styling. 99.5 just got a little face lift with some interior and exterior goodies wich are mostly listed in this thread and several others in the archives. =)

This may be a dumb quection...but I'll ask it anyway..If I get the interior wiring harness out of a 99.5 with a trip computer can I then add one to my 99.5 instead of the old cluster that I have now...Or is their more to it

TomRitt18944
12-14-2005, 09:32 AM
00 body, 99 drivetrain

pdxa4
12-16-2005, 05:45 AM
To a enthusiast it is a 99.5, but on the market it would be a 99.

In my mind the 99.5 is the best model A4

jones3000
12-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by pdxa4
In my mind the 99.5 is the best model A4
because.....

pdxa4
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by B5Ghost
because.....

Because it is still non-DBW...

Because it had the exterior upgrades the same as the 2000 model year had...

Because the interior had the upgrades that the 2000 model year had...

non-DBW is much easier to tune...

Do a search on here or on AW and you will see how much respect the 99.5 model gets...

diegomatrix
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
lol silly,
he knows that.... but it's just a matter of opinion which is better and what your goals are for your car.

Rosati
12-16-2005, 09:37 PM
the only thing i like better w/ the 00 models are the white rpm guages at night.....

isnt that insipid?

RAyala2.7T
12-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by RedRocket
[:p] It's ok, mine was born in Feb 97, some parts from 96 too [:)]

haha, the longest B5 1.8T to rule the throne is the first AEB. From 97 - 99.5. Then AWM 2000 and ATW 2001 followed. Maybe I got those two reversed. Not sure what's happened after the B6.

ATW=2000
AWM=2001
[up]