PDA

View Full Version : *feeler* B5 FMIC stock bumper from Evolution Racewerks

Pages : [1] 2

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking to see how many of you would be interested in a top notch front mount intercooler for your B5 1.8ts. I'm talking about a complete kit that fits behind the stock bumper and can handle all your intercooling needs from chipped K03, K04, Stage 3 and beyond. A real bar and plate core that doesn't require any bumper support hacking. Possible options include black anodizing for the low key look. Poll up where you stand and post any comments and/or questions. All comments are welcome but let's keep it professional please. Also we will be looking for a small handful of testers in the near future. A special introductory group buy price will also be put together so everyone's who's interested needs to chime in.

Here's a picture of the B6 Competition kit just as an example of the level of quality to expect from Evolution Racewerks. The B5 kit will use a shorter core to stay below the stock bumper support. It will support over 350hp with a top of the line core.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/tonydatyga/audi/blackfmic.jpg

And a link to the B6 Evo Racewerks thread (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71445) for an example of the effectiveness of ER FMIC kits. We are looking to develop a "sport" model kit for the B5's, not quite as all out as the competition kit. We feel that most B5 owner's would like a sport kit that can grow with them as the mod beyond chipped K03s. However, we can easily change or modify this based on market feedback so we need your input. A sport model would cost less than a competition kit. That's all I can say about pricing for now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/tonydatyga/icons/63853.gif

TomRitt18944
12-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Noice!

diegomatrix
12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
if i had the cash, i would go for it...
it's better than spending cash on some ebay fmic that you don't know where they got it from....

94jedi
12-12-2005, 01:39 PM
you know where I stand, count me in.

duhvinci
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Yes Tony, interested, but depending on the price (as I do have some fabricating skills to make my own, just the lack of time at the moment)

D

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 01:56 PM
guys, post up your current setups and your plans. We want to know what you want.

xcdhracer15
12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
i'm interested, i'll have ko4 with giac but be going pc16 soon, and maybe something bigger eventually.

TwentyValveB5
12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm very, very interested as I live in SoCal so my IAT's are high enough as it is, and I'm running a K04 and a stock-bumper compatible FMIC is the only thing stopping me from going to the PC-16 file. I'm down to be a tester and will gladly track with it, supply logs, etc.

ianlionzion
12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
i'd be down for that, just need more info + I like that black anodized option...

Quattrocket
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
i am in the market for one. probobly after xmas though. presents got me broke:(.
I got the pc-16 set-up but I think you already know that since I bug the shit outta you asking for help.[:D]
let me know about pricing when you find out. If I dont get this Im going to get a Greddy.

Eurotuned_A4
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
its nice. if i didnt have an FMIC id say put me on the list.

b00st
12-12-2005, 03:40 PM
oh sure now you offer this up....where were you a year ago?
that black anodize is hot!
but why not offer competition...instead of just sport. will it not fit behind a B5 stock bumper? otherwise i'd say just stay with the bigger core for the B5. once the mod bug bites...people will move up just as i did...k03 chip, k04, K04 PC16, and now...some kind of BT. Bar and Plate IC is noyce! not sure why you gotta give the B6ers all the cool shit! unless it just doesn't fit behind our stock bumper without modficiation.

nizmosx
12-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I would hit that like a virgin on prom night, but i have a greddy and couldnt be happier.

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
the sport will handle past the gt28rs, the competition was deemed to be too expensive for volume sales. This is basically offering a stock bumper compatible fmic but with a top of the line bar and plate core capable of supporting big power w/o being overkill for chipped k03 guys. Basically the first and last FMIC you will buy. A quality FMIC to grow with your power needs. It is a shame many of you already have fmic's. I'd love to hear more feedback. What do you like and not like about the current fmic's being offered. Thanks for the great response

geeboyjibber
12-12-2005, 04:10 PM
i would get a black one but I already have a greddy. Hopefully you guys will include instructions unlike the greddy kit.

tkarwin
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
When I first read this I thought it was a joke. I can't believe that someone is actaully listening to customers and what they want/need. Put me down for one in black please! A unit that looks as good as the ones in the pic will pull top dollar from a lot of people. Most people are willing to pay a little more for a better product. Please make one!

recordstyle
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
interested depending on pricing. black would be ideal if priced right...

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
cool beans, comprehensive instructions and keep it affordable w/o comprimising quality. Any other input? Thanks for chiming in those who have, we will keep you posted as things move along.

PearlWhtA4
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I am very interested thats the only other mod i really want well for now anyway lol let us know pricing and everything thanks

nizmosx
12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Matching couplers would be nice( ie black couplers for black piping) my greddy unit came with blue ones. Looks kinda stupid in my opinion, I will be swapping out for black ones shortly. Also i forget what it is called, but the 01 have a specific sensor or what not that gets plumed into the intercooler core and us non drive by wire guys dont have it. So if the core is made to work on both ndbw and dbw it would be nice if the eliminator plate was made and comes with the kit. My greddy did not come with one so i had to make a trip to home de- POT to pick up some aluminum to custom fabricate one. I can take pics of what i mean if you dont know what im talking about.

badassbaldie
12-12-2005, 05:18 PM
The fact that it fits the stock bumper is great. I would definitely be interested in a black one, depending on the price. But I'm sure it's going to be reasonable since you've went out of your way for this post.

Eurotuned_A4
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah, fitting behind the stock bumper is a big factor. thats why im happy with my EVOMs. i like how these that you posted are black...very sleeper.

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
the silicone couplers and hump hoses are currently black. The boost sensor issue will be modular to be backwards compliant. Good stuff guys, keep em coming. I want to hear what you guys are running turbo wise and your short term goals. If we have a lot more k03/k04 guys we will look into features to keep the throttle response fast.

SteveBBay
12-12-2005, 05:40 PM
I'd buy it. I'm in the market right now since I just finished my homebrew gt28rs setup and don't have an fmic. I'm also running a stock front bumper. I'd be up for testing too, I'm located in norcal

Evo Racewerks
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Detailed installation instructions are included in every FMIC kit we produce. We even include a checklist in the box of all the parts that you should be receiving. Also we have an online installation guide with pictures at http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=97.0

Originally posted by geeboyjibber
i would get a black one but I already have a greddy. Hopefully you guys will include instructions unlike the greddy kit.

The FMIC come standard with black couplers (we personally don't like bling). Other color couplers are available upon request. This kit comes with EVERYTHING needed for installation. If a block off plate is needed for the ndbw models, then it will include it. Everything we use is of high quality, T-bolt clamps, silicone hump hoses, and even high grade nuts and bolts.

Originally posted by nizmosx
Matching couplers would be nice( ie black couplers for black piping) my greddy unit came with blue ones. Looks kinda stupid in my opinion, I will be swapping out for black ones shortly. Also i forget what it is called, but the 01 have a specific sensor or what not that gets plumed into the intercooler core and us non drive by wire guys dont have it. So if the core is made to work on both ndbw and dbw it would be nice if the eliminator plate was made and comes with the kit. My greddy did not come with one so i had to make a trip to home de- POT to pick up some aluminum to custom fabricate one. I can take pics of what i mean if you dont know what im talking about.

Thanks for everyone with their inputs as we appreciate all the information we receive so that we can ensure that the products we release will continue to have the upmost in performance and quality.

We have many new parts in store for the 1.8T B6 and hopefully with support from you guys we will have the same parts available for the B5 as well.

bigcfromcinci
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
F*(K....I just bought a new FMIC a month ago :(

joeya103
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
wouldn't chipped k03 users experience a pressure drop of some kind? would this even help?

interested anyway since i eventually plan on going k04...and that is a BEAUTIFUL-looking FMIC.

b00st
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
the sport will handle past the gt28rs, the competition was deemed to be too expensive for volume sales. This is basically offering a stock bumper compatible fmic but with a top of the line bar and plate core capable of supporting big power w/o being overkill for chipped k03 guys. Basically the first and last FMIC you will buy. A quality FMIC to grow with your power needs. It is a shame many of you already have fmic's. I'd love to hear more feedback. What do you like and not like about the current fmic's being offered. Thanks for the great response

great info...and it is a shame that most of us have an FMIC. I think this is a great offering. as far as feedback goes as a consumer.....I think the whole fit behind a stock bumper is key and easy of install...piping matches up good and fitment is not an issue. product looks great....i wouldn't know which to get the chrome end tanks or stealth black. too bad i have one already and my brother just got his a couple months ago for his b6. what is the target price of the sport FMIC? price point would be a key point too.

tkarwin
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM
If we have a lot more k03/k04 guys we will look into features to keep the throttle response fast.

Throttle Response!!!!! If people are going custom BT setups, it is likely they will also be going with a custom fmic setup. I would make this kit more for off the shelf tubo upgrades such as the K04, APR SIII, and let's not forget about the K03! And throttle response!!! Throttle response is key!.

APR recomends their c-flow unit for everything from a K03 to APR SIII, so you could look at matching their numbers, or beating them!!! And look better doing it! Good luck and keep us posted!

R-Dub
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by joeya103
wouldn't chipped k03 users experience a pressure drop of some kind? would this even help?

My question exactly.

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 07:06 PM
gentlemen, remember that many times the pressure loss associated with the addition of an fmic to the chipped k03 is due mainly to the increased density of the cooler charge.

Rest assured there will only be solid engineering principles applied to extensive testing and tuning experience. As the market becomes clear testing will begin and those results will dictate design decisions.

Bang for the buck is important but w/o the bang you're just wasting bucks regardless of how few.

Loving the input, keep it coming. For those of you who are immediately interested please post your mods, geographic location and if possible an estimated date of purchase. ie: k04 5bar awe, Cleveland OH, early spring 06. Thanks guys

b00st
12-12-2005, 07:10 PM
i think even with my evoms it was like a 1 maybe PSI drop. I would expect anymore for this design...unless its a HUGE core or there is tons of piping and for our applications i don't think we need to worry. when i had my k03 chipped with intercooler...the psi was compensated from the nice cooler air my car was getting it was a better move overall...no matter how you look at it.

chadwix00
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm in for one depending on price. I currently have a K04 and havent gone PC-16 yet because the lack of a FMIC. So...I'm ready for one.[:)]

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
we'll be sure to work on getting you one then. nice sig, what bumper?

eisman
12-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Mmm, sleeper time! This is the only way I'd put a FMIC on, and has really been a big reason for me not upgrading. Now I may do it.

I can see it now, 333whp on 15" stockers and a bad case of gapnia.

Evo Racewerks
12-12-2005, 08:38 PM
The features of our Competition FMIC kit for the B6 has been thoroughly discussed in the B6 forum but I'm sure most of you guys aren't aware of it so I'll give a quick summary. Basically it was designed primarily for BT (28R/RS/2871) turbos running high boost (25-30 lbs) on race gas.

20x11x3 high density bar and plate (24x11x3 with end tanks)
Either polished or anodized black aluminum piping (2.25" in 2.5" out) with either polished or anodized black intercooler
Rolled intercooler end tanks with ported and polished interior for better flow
Smog pump relocation bracket to relocate the smog pump so that we can accomodate the shortest intercooler piping possible with the least amount of bends with the least amount of bend angles for increase response and reduced lag
custom end tanks with piping running out the end tank to keep the OEM fog lights with the larger piping and no cutting to the sides of the center grill
New external power steering cooler kit so replace OEM so you don't need to modify or rig the OEM power steering line
Retains or replaces all OEM components so no CEL or rigging needed
Replacement front bumper reinforcment bar (DOM and dimple plating reinforcement, built like how we build our roll cages)
Beaded intercooler piping ends, t-bolt clamps, and silicone hump hoses ensure that the ic piping never pop off
Includes EVERYTHING needed for install, clamps, hose for diverter valve, nuts, bolts EVERYTHING
There's also other little features as well but the list would go on and on...

If the Sport FMIC for the B5 goes into production, it will be built just like our Comp FMIC for the B6 featuring almost everything I listed. The differences will be that it will use a smaller core, keep the OEM bumper reinforcement bar and run smaller piping (2.0" to 2.25").

We did not have plans to build a FMIC for the B5, however there was some interest from some of the B5 guys after we released our B6 Comp FMIC kit hence the feeler post here to see if there is a demand for it. Because of this, pricing is still unknown at the current moment since no prototypes or plans has been made yet to produce the FMIC kit for the B5, however from the response we've been seeing, it looks like a possibility that the B5 Sport FMIC may be produced. Once we begin R&D, we can probably release some good estimates on the price of the FMIC, but I can assure everyone here that we will try our best to keep cost down without sacraficing performance or quality to keep the FMIC affordable.

boosteda4
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
just wondering if u have any comments on the design behind this intercooler.. for example.. how is it that it isnt overkill for us cheap k03 chipped guys and can handle the big turbo guys?

Not doubting the product, but would like a little more insight on the design behind it..

p.s. please dont flame me if its a dumb question,

BzeB5A4
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Those cores look niiice.
I'm very interested in one in black.

For now My current setup is K04 w/ Giac K04 Software w/ few other mods.
I plan on goin BT with a t3/t04 setup sometime near September 06. (gotta work my Azz off this summer)

I'm in Illinois and depending on price would purchase it around May 06.

Evo Racewerks
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Good question,
For the most part, yes, even the Sport FMIC will be slightly overkill for the stock turbo guys, however the OEM SMIC core itself is not as efficient as the cores we use. Our testing has shown that the stock intercoolers intake air temps (IAT's) run pretty high compared to ambient temperatures, where ours would run pretty close to ambient, for example one of the first tests we did, ambient temps were around 27C. The OEM SMIC was showing around 150-180C IAT's but with our FMIC it was seeing 29-30C. One of our first test fit cars was a bone stock A4 with chip (we needed one as stock as possible to ensure fitment and every piece needed for install). Now our Comp FMIC for a completely stock A4 is completely overkill, but feedback from him was no noticeable decrease in response or lag from the large FMIC. This is due largely with the high density bar and plate core we use. Being high density (heavily packed fins) it is highly efficient, therefore negating the need for the charged air to be in the intercooler long. Because of this, the intercooler rows are big and not restrictive, reducing pressure drop, yet still being quite efficient so in effect, the decrease response/increase lag is not noticeable.
Also having a slightly larger intercooler helps reduce heatsoaking as the intercooler itself acts as a heat sink. An intercooler sized close to your actual turbo needs will definately have heatsoaking issues when run hard for long periods of time and will be only good for a pass down the 1/4 mile. Plus this is most apparant when you are stuck behind someone's bumper (when you're racing someone) where you get no airflow over the intercooler. A larger intercooler will take longer to heatsoak with little to no flow over the intercooler, thus giving you extra time with all the power you have for the oppurtunity to make your move to pass.
Plus, even though it is slightly overkill, who knows, maybe you will upgrade turbos in the future, but you would still have an intercooler that does not need to be upgraded (saves you $ in the long run).
Plus the Sport FMIC will be smaller than the Competition FMIC and thus sized more closer to the K03/K04 guys than the Comp FMIC.

Originally posted by boosteda4
just wondering if u have any comments on the design behind this intercooler.. for example.. how is it that it isnt overkill for us cheap k03 chipped guys and can handle the big turbo guys?

Not doubting the product, but would like a little more insight on the design behind it..

p.s. please dont flame me if its a dumb question,

tontod
12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I just got a k04 installed with giac, looking to get to pc-16 in the near future. I would really prefer to have an fmic that dosent involve modifying the bumper, this seems like a great product. I would be interested in buying this one.

I'd be looking to buy one early next year, in the Jan - Feb. timeframe.

nramsey
12-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm definitely interested in a nice FMIC that doesn't require much (if any) modification sometime in the next 6 months or so.

R-Dub
12-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I would love one.

K03 GIAC-X AWM; Davis, CA; Spring-Summer 06 for sure.

ianlionzion
12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
make sure to make it fit without moving the secondary air pump..

Evo Racewerks
12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
If the air pump is not in the way of the most direct, shortest, straightest possible path from the turbo to the intercooler, it will not be moved. If it is, it probably will be relocated. I'm sure you'd rather have better response, decrease boost lag and moving the smog pump than not. By the way the smog pump that gets relocated in the B6 Comp FMIC is fully fuctional, and still plugs right into the OEM locations.

Originally posted by ianlionzion
make sure to make it fit without moving the secondary air pump..

chadwix00
12-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks! Rieger Style RS4. Surprisingly its very strong and has taken alot of punishment. I've hit a few extremely large tire fragments on the freeway and I thought it would be cracked and it wasn't. Replacing it with something new though very soon. [:)]

we'll be sure to work on getting you one then. nice sig, what bumper?

illbill
12-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Interested.

ATP GT2X, Cambridge, MA, Late winter or early spring 06.

docurley
12-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I would suggest from what I'm reading that you have two options.

1. Small turbo kit FMIC with an option of swapping out the core for a larger item if needed.

2. Then offer a pipe kit on its own for those people who want to sell there smaller cores knowing that the buyer can get the pipe kit.

This way you would make the kit move versatile and help keep cost down for you customers.

Like every one else I would be in the market for one and would imagine quite a few UK owners would be to as buying stuff from the US works out well for us with the exchange rate.

Jeff
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by docurley
I would suggest from what I'm reading that you have two options.

1. Small turbo kit FMIC with an option of swapping out the core for a larger item if needed.

2. Then offer a pipe kit on its own for those people who want to sell there smaller cores knowing that the buyer can get the pipe kit.

This way you would make the kit move versatile and help keep cost down for you customers.

Like every one else I would be in the market for one and would imagine quite a few UK owners would be to as buying stuff from the US works out well for us with the exchange rate.

The smaller core would definitely be on the list of "to do's". The purpose of this thread was a general "feeler", to see what the market wants.

And yes, w/ the US Exchange rates these days (esp vs. the UK Pound), it should be dirt cheap to the UK guys. [;)]

Scuba06Steve
12-13-2005, 11:51 AM
i want one, i dont have a ic or pretty much anything done to my car because its stock. if its the right price ill take it, but i have a stock turbo... soo.. eh

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
anybody else? Looks like there's a good amount of interested guys out there. Tell us what you like and don't like about the current FMIC's on the market. price, fitment, function, form, etc.

R-Dub
12-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Fitment issues with some, the price is also a let down - especially if your like me and looking for an andonized FMIC.

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by R-Dub
Fitment issues with some, the price is also a let down - especially if your like me and looking for an andonized FMIC.

can you please elaborate?

b00st
12-13-2005, 02:43 PM
i guess he means price is a let down cuz they spensive! some have fitment issues...mainly IC piping on I know my brothers B6 RaceTec FMIC turbo IC pipe sucks...it doesn't fit right and forces the bumper down and its semi exposed...its not pretty. Its a bunch of cut and bent piping welded together but the welds were never grinded down or they could have down the bends like EVOMS where its one continuous flow which i know is hard and takes a lot of R&D...but if its priced competitively...i'm sure you'll do well.

My EVOMS i have no complaints...fit perfect, pipes everything went as they said it would...so i think that is key. that the product delivered is exactly as stated and nothing less.

Powder coated piping is nice or ceramic or polished for those into showing your ride is also nice. from the pics...the kit looks top notch.

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
your brother should seriously consider the ER competition for his b6. It is flawless.

goody6691
12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
i would also like to upgrade my current i/c to a bigger bar and plate design. i am running a rieger rs4 front now and would like to fill the middle opening with i/c. the pipes would have to be all smooth so i could mount my bov wherever i wanted to [easier to make the plumb back kit myself] if the price could be kept somewhat low i would be in for one

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
cool dave, the car running any better?

R-Dub
12-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Esentially that is what I was trying to say, I want a FMIC that I dont have to hack the shite outta my bumper, I want it andonized and the smaller the price tag - the better!

b00st
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
there will always be a demand for these things....its just what the price point comes in at...that will show how much demand i guess. kind of like owning the S4 and either going AWE ICs or bucking up and getting the DUH FMIC. so i guess if its reasonably priced...if you build it....they will come.

heard that once before somewhere [;)]

BLACK B5
12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
i will be looking at one in early spring, secondary air pump relocation is not a problem as long as it is functionable. (gotta pass those emissions test [down] )

2001 tip trans with a PES T-28 on the way[a4]

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Looks like this kit is going to come out.

Anyone local to Los Angeles or Washington DC and interested in being a tester should contact me.

Keep those comments coming

01'A41.8T
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm in for summer. I have K04 etc.
Basicly like everyone else, the lower the price tag the better, but for not having to cut up the bumper I would be willing to pay a little more. Also just a nice clean look is a plus.

bitterchild
12-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BLACK B5
2001 tip trans with a PES T-28 on the way[a4]

Hope you have a plan for the transmission unless you're going to take the weaker auto file from pes

chadwix00
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm local, I'll be a tester.[:D]

DroO587
12-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by goody6691
i would also like to upgrade my current i/c to a bigger bar and plate design. i am running a rieger rs4 front now and would like to fill the middle opening with i/c. the pipes would have to be all smooth so i could mount my bov wherever i wanted to [easier to make the plumb back kit myself] if the price could be kept somewhat low i would be in for one
This is one of my concerns. I dont want to have a aftermarket bumper in the future and have half of the IC showing. I guess it'll be nice if the size of the ic is not too long and not too skinny? I dont know bout thickness.

Ko3 revo, Braintree, MA , late winter

BLACK B5
12-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Hope you have a plan for the transmission unless you're going to take the weaker auto file from pes

no plans to upgrade the transmission until failure.

i currently have the tip chip and will hope for the best until then.

vincere
12-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I am looking for an intercooler within the next 3 or 4 weeks. I have a K04 with 5 bar GIAC J31 programming and I have serious issues with heat soak. My car is in and out of limp mode whenever the temperature is above 75 degrees. I have been looking at a side mount because I don't want to hack up my bumper and like the clean look. If there is a reasonable time line to develop this ic, I will wait. I'm located in Nebraska.
Dave

goody6691
12-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Looks like this kit is going to come out.

Anyone local to Los Angeles or Washington DC and interested in being a tester should contact me.

Keep those comments coming

i am 2 hours[ maybe less prob 1.5] north of dc. i would love to test it out. the car is in the shop now to try to pass md plug-in emisions[haha]. might have to do a cam swap. let me know

joeya103
12-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by BLACK B5
no plans to upgrade the transmission until failure.

i currently have the tip chip and will hope for the best until then.

how much torque does the PES kit put down anyway?

anyway, good luck with that. even k04 is a strain for our damn tips =/

b00st
12-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by DroO587
This is one of my concerns. I dont want to have a aftermarket bumper in the future and have half of the IC showing. I guess it'll be nice if the size of the ic is not too long and not too skinny? I dont know bout thickness.

Ko3 revo, Braintree, MA , late winter

well with the stock B5 bumper...the IC can only be 2 inches wide as it touches the bumper support in the corners with my evoms one and i measured it. evoms was 2" thick...so if you want to keep your stock bumper on for a while and run an FMIC without hacking it up. it can only be 2" wide.

Hassmeister
12-14-2005, 10:31 AM
After seeing many out there and installing. The following would be great...

(1) Fittment with stock & aftermarket bumpers w/no cutting involved.

(2) Price $1,000 for the plain non-polished or coated unit (group buys offered if needed to meet this pricing).

(3) Detailed instructions with pictures or available on-line viewing.

(4) All needed hardware with the unit - FREE.

(5) Documented dyno or road test comprasions between stock intercooler and aftermarket unit.

(6) Outstanding customer support!

Jeff
12-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Hassmeister
After seeing many out there and installing. The following would be great...

(1) Fittment with stock & aftermarket bumpers w/no cutting involved.

(2) Price $1,000 for the plain non-polished or coated unit (group buys offered if needed to meet this pricing).

(3) Detailed instructions with pictures or available on-line viewing.

(4) All needed hardware with the unit - FREE.

(5) Documented dyno or road test comprasions between stock intercooler and aftermarket unit.

(6) Outstanding customer support!

Excellent points Hass;

(1) Fittment with stock & aftermarket bumpers w/no cutting involved: This will be determined by the demand of the end users. Obviously, a smaller core will always clear the bumpers better. However, one big bottleneck in the stock bumpers as we have found on the B6's (B5 is worse) is the little clearances in the lower valence, which calls for slight cutting. It comes down to weighing the benefits vs. sacrifices, which is another purpose of this feeler thread.

(2) Price $1,000 for the plain non-polished or coated unit (group buys offered if needed to meet this pricing): Pricing on the unit will be strategically set where it becomes cost effective, and the best bang for the buck. Again, core sizes, specs, and others are all determining factors.

(3) Detailed instructions with pictures or available on-line viewing: There is currently already full detailed instructions for the B6 kit on another forum (sponsored by ER). As soon as the kit is developed, full instructions will also follow.

(4) All needed hardware with the unit - FREE: If you are paying this much money for a FMIC kit of this caliber, all necessary hardware (including but not limited to: bolts, washers, clamps, and all other misc accessories) should definitely be included. [:)]

(5) Documented dyno or road test comprasions between stock intercooler and aftermarket unit: Though a dyno will only show so much from a FMIC, due to the moving air velocity on the dyno vs. 100mph air on the streets, all improvements will be clearly documented as it did with the B6 setup, displaying before and after IAT's, and timing corrections as a result.

(6) Outstanding customer support!: ER is a small company consisting of car junkies who take pride and passion in their products. Being a personal and good friend with the owner, in which we spent countless WEEKS picking out the perfect core sizes as well as matching piping and accessories, I can personally vouch for Fred's work, as well as his service and support he has given to his customers.

bitterchild
12-14-2005, 12:03 PM
1) We will not use a halfass core so trimming back some bumper skin on the stock bumper is possible. However we will make every effort to keep this trimming minimal. We will not touch the stock bumper support. As we continue development it will be clear what will be necessary. I personally will run a stock bumper with the kit and provide support.

2) Price will not be an issue. Anyone who knows me know that I am all about value. We will offer the best bang for the buck without sacrificing the bang. We will also offer an introductory group buy so keep an eye out for updates. Those who are very interested can contact me directly to be put on the list.

3)ER currently has an online support forum including very detailed instructions with pictures. Those can be seen here (http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=97.0) ER will offer an online instruction/walkthrough for everything they release. Printed instructions will be available as well.

4)If you look at the thread here (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71445) about the b6 competition unit you can see that ER kits are absolutely all inclusive with every bolt, nut and zip tie you will ever need to install the product.

5)We will provide performance data as we finalize the product. This will be meaningful data that all users can understand.

6)Evolution Racewerks and their associated dealers offer the best customer service possible. The feedback from the B6 competition units show this. As you all know I own a B5 and I'm not going anywhere. As long as I'm around I will push for better products for our cars.

Thanks for the good feedback guys. We are moving into development and will post updates as necessary. Please continue to ask any questions and post suggestions.

DLN84
12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
you got PM. by the way i didnt specify in the PM but id be interested in the black competition intercooler since im running the GT3071R. thanks

offroader1006
12-14-2005, 02:32 PM
id be down, a grand is a little steep for me, but i can always pick up a core and fab everything else myself.

im K04, will be pc-16, in Columbia, SC and would be ready late spring/early summer 06 the more expensive, the longer ill have to wait.

01'A41.8T
12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I dunno, maybe I'm cheap but $1000 seems a little high to me.

bitterchild
12-14-2005, 03:13 PM
gentlemen, please focus on helping us make an fmic kit with all the features you want. I appreciate your comments regarding price and won't forget that.

01'A41.8T
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I think like 2 stages would be nice. Stage 1: Chipped K03 and supporting mods, K04 and supporting mods, K04 P-16 and J-31. Around $800 or a little higher will sell the crap out of them. Stage 2: BT's, eliminator series, stage 3, etc. etc. around $900 or a little higher, same situation.

Oh and it's a big plus that all the actuall buyers input is going into this.

tkarwin
12-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 01'A41.8T
I dunno, maybe I'm cheap but $1000 seems a little high to me.

I don't think 1000 seems high for a really nice unit. APRs fmic is 999 and the evo one is 1100. There are others in this price range too.

01'A41.8T
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by tkarwin
I don't think 1000 seems high for a really nice unit. APRs fmic is 999 and the evo one is 1100. There are others in this price range too.

Exactly, there is already options out there if I wanted to spend $1000.

b00st
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
1) We will not use a halfass core so trimming back some bumper skin on the stock bumper is possible. However we will make every effort to keep this trimming minimal. We will not touch the stock bumper support. As we continue development it will be clear what will be necessary. I personally will run a stock bumper with the kit and provide support.

2) Price will not be an issue. Anyone who knows me know that I am all about value. We will offer the best bang for the buck without sacrificing the bang. We will also offer an introductory group buy so keep an eye out for updates. Those who are very interested can contact me directly to be put on the list.

3)ER currently has an online support forum including very detailed instructions with pictures. Those can be seen here (http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=97.0) ER will offer an online instruction/walkthrough for everything they release. Printed instructions will be available as well.

4)If you look at the thread here (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71445) about the b6 competition unit you can see that ER kits are absolutely all inclusive with every bolt, nut and zip tie you will ever need to install the product.

5)We will provide performance data as we finalize the product. This will be meaningful data that all users can understand.

6)Evolution Racewerks and their associated dealers offer the best customer service possible. The feedback from the B6 competition units show this. As you all know I own a B5 and I'm not going anywhere. As long as I'm around I will push for better products for our cars.

Thanks for the good feedback guys. We are moving into development and will post updates as necessary. Please continue to ask any questions and post suggestions.

well i think key is defnitely being able to put in on with a stock bumper without trimming at least trimming the metal bumper support....bumper skin would be OK if it was super minimal but otherwise I would shy away from that well as you don't want to visual screw your bumper.

if the sports FMIC can support a GT28RS or 2871r...that great.
and like i said the anodize, or cermanic or powercoating the piping or even the chrome polished looked for those show guys. for me it would be powercoat black piping...blend in with stock look, especially if your rolling with a stock bumper. plus its supposed to help with heat IIRC. obviously price point is an issue. but the bar/plate is a nice thing that the JDMs get and nice to see if for us now. and as long as the install is what it says it is...i think you guys are money and i would have bought one from you guys if I wasn't running my EVOMS one already. or even having the options and picking the different piping. maybe i want ceramic coated or powercoated piping now but then i bought a rieger bumper and want to show off and I want chrome piping...that kind of thing. like offering piping kits. different colored couplers to color cordinate.

tkarwin
12-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by b00st
different colored couplers to color cordinate.

one of my favorite things about the competition unit for the B6 is how there are no couplers directly on the end-tanks. That makes it look sooo much cleaner when you can't see couplers through the grill. I would also think it would smooth flow out at a very critical point, right where the air enters the intercooler. Keep up the good work! Ted.

bitterchild
12-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Cool guys, I hear ya about the price. We're working on a sport unit right now. This one's going to be the most affordable and straightforward to install. We're going to make sure there's no excessive pressure loss or throttle lag with the k03/k04s but want to support the stage 3/3+ turbos as well so that you guys can buy one quality FMIC and stick with it as you upgrade. You'll save installation costs and be able to keep a low key setup behind the stock bumper. Keem em coming guys, loving the feedback.

R-Dub
12-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Honestly I would love an adnonized (or powder black) FMIC that would have little to no pressure loss/throttle lag and would cut my temperatures down by a solid number.

As soon as I have the money you can expect me to buy one for sure.

IKE20VA4
12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
yeah i'd buy one. k03 x chip, probably down the road someday.

94jedi
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
We're going to make sure there's no excessive pressure loss or throttle lag with the k03/k04s but want to support the stage 3/3+ turbos as well so that you guys can buy one quality FMIC and stick with it as you upgrade.

I think this is what is most important to me. As everyone knows money is a big factor here but what I like is that I will only have to buy 1 intercooler and be done with it. I don't like spending money twice, then trying to sell the old part at a huge loss.

Another thing I like is that the stock bumper support will remain intact. Will this be the case even with the largest core? Of course, some bumper trining is inevitable. I think most of us enthusiasts realize that. What people don't like to do is cut into the bumper support and potentially create a weak point in the event of a wreck.

As someone else mentioned, a complete kit is great. There's nothing more I hate than to have to look around the garage for parts or run out to napa in the middle of an install. There's times when a trip to the store is necessary but when buying a kit, I don't think there should be parts missing.

one last thing that has recently become a big point for me is quality of the product. There are a lot of company's out there that just throw a few things together and sell them at a huge markup just because they are name brand. I recently purchased something and the piece itself was quality but there was an issue with fitment. That item was only $150 and I was pissed about the fitment/quality. If people are paying around $1k the item should be near flawless. Unfortunately I think we've been trained by the industry to almost, expect less. If the product is of good quality, then you'll be that much ahead of the competition.

hope this helps a bit.

Evo Racewerks
12-14-2005, 11:29 PM
We have been getting flak from our competition for using such a large intercooler core for our B6 Competition FMIC. Yes, it may be oversized for most A4's but that is why it is our Comp FMIC. It was designed for the BT guys and as I have said before, will be the last intercooler you will buy as it will easily support all the GT28 variations out as well any bigger turbo kits available in the future.

The Sport FMIC on the other hand will be for the masses. The size is better suited for the KKK and will support up to the 28R, RS, 2871 etc..., basically up to 350 whp with no problems. Being as the stock motor can only handle around 300 whp, for most people it will be the last intercooler they buy.

The Sport FMIC will retain the stock bumper support. The Competition FMIC, if we decide to produce it, will have a replacement reinforcement bumper support. I currently have a 01 Passatt (B5) in pieces right now in the shop for a custom Competition FMIC and it the OEM support clears the large FMIC. Hopefully this will be the case with the A4 B5's.

Everything needed for install will be included. That's how we do it here. We go through extensive R&D before the product is released. We had a large number test fit cars (beta testers) used for the B6 Competition FMIC ranging from completely stock cars to highly modified to ensure proper fitment. We installed a few ourselves, we had our dealers install as well as part of the beta testing to ensure that other installers can do it without any issues. We did not have any issues with fitment to date with the B6 Competition FMIC.

This is also why we are currently looking for potential test fit cars (beta testers) to ensure that our quality is top notch.

Originally posted by 94jedi
I think this is what is most important to me. As everyone knows money is a big factor here but what I like is that I will only have to buy 1 intercooler and be done with it. I don't like spending money twice, then trying to sell the old part at a huge loss.

Another thing I like is that the stock bumper support will remain intact. Will this be the case even with the largest core? Of course, some bumper trining is inevitable. I think most of us enthusiasts realize that. What people don't like to do is cut into the bumper support and potentially create a weak point in the event of a wreck.

As someone else mentioned, a complete kit is great. There's nothing more I hate than to have to look around the garage for parts or run out to napa in the middle of an install. There's times when a trip to the store is necessary but when buying a kit, I don't think there should be parts missing.

one last thing that has recently become a big point for me is quality of the product. There are a lot of company's out there that just throw a few things together and sell them at a huge markup just because they are name brand. I recently purchased something and the piece itself was quality but there was an issue with fitment. That item was only $150 and I was pissed about the fitment/quality. If people are paying around $1k the item should be near flawless. Unfortunately I think we've been trained by the industry to almost, expect less. If the product is of good quality, then you'll be that much ahead of the competition.

hope this helps a bit.

docurley
12-15-2005, 07:44 AM
You may want a tester in the UK, as there may be some slight differences in the pipe work

goldenchild
12-15-2005, 08:07 AM
how does is compare to the SPP one bc it looks real similar and quality wise. the one think i like most about this kit is the new support bar bc im sure it weighs alot less and the extra cooler that is included. maybe u guys can come up with an affordable oil cooler kit not some rediculous price of 250-500 bux

nizmosx
12-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I am in los angeles and can be a tester however i cant afford to pay for it. I have a greddy and am super happy with it. But if i was a tester on this product i can make some comparrisons between the two intercoolers and make a write up. If we have to buy the units to be a tester i think i will pass because i have other things to spend my money on especially since i already have a front mount. Let me know whats up bitter. I have a vag now so i can provide some logs with austin to see some pros and cons against both the greddy and the prototype. pm me if you like.

ianlionzion
12-15-2005, 11:44 AM
i'm in L.A. also if you need some beta testers...

Jeff
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
For a beta tester, it is preferred that he/she has a stock bumper with either stock or aftermarket IC as long as nothing was previously shaved or cut.

94jedi
12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
For a beta tester, it is preferred that he/she has a stock bumper with either stock or aftermarket IC as long as nothing was previously shaved or cut.

Well, then I'm your man.[:D]

bitterchild
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
We're now looking for beta testers w/ common bumper upgrades. Examples S4, oe RS4, Reiger RS4, etc. Still taking stock bumpers too. Please PM me if you are interested and are local to either Los Angeles or Washington DC for consideration.

ianlionzion send me a pm

b00st
12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
dang i woulda beta tested...i have stock bumper on now and have my rieger RS4 in the garage.

bitterchild
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
sell your current FMIC :p

trailboss
12-15-2005, 02:32 PM
The sizes are 20x11x3 and 24x11x3 right. Why so tall, the mouth of the stock a4 bumper is only like 6-7" so the other half would be behind the bumper support not getting direct airflow. Im down for one if the price is reasonable and has some performance ++ out of it.

ScottyB 1.8T
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
although i cannot be a tester this FMIC has me seriously interested, such that when it comes out i will most likely buy it.

i would not mind trimming the bottom (black part) of the front bumper if it means being able to use what is apparently an excellent FMIC kit.

customer service must be excellent. too many companies simply leave the end user stranded when it comes to installation and trouble shooting.

best of luck with this product. its great to see bigger and bigger things happening so that us B5 guys have options!

bitterchild
12-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by trailboss
The sizes are 20x11x3 and 24x11x3 right. Why so tall, the mouth of the stock a4 bumper is only like 6-7" so the other half would be behind the bumper support not getting direct airflow. Im down for one if the price is reasonable and has some performance ++ out of it.

The pictures and links are of the B6 competition FMIC kit. We were using those to gauge interest in developing a sport (read: smaller core) unit for B5s.

Scotty- You might know me and I'm sticking around. ER isn't going anywhere either.

Evo Racewerks
12-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by trailboss

The 20x11x3 is the core sized used in the B6 Competition FMIC. 24x11x3 is the same intercooler with end tanks. This is our competition FMIC, for the hardcore heavily modified guys. The size is to support the large turbos that may be available in the future, basically the last intercooler you will buy. The larger intercooler also acts like a heatsink as well, fighting the effects of heatsoak. The alpha tester (prototype car) was in the eurotuner GP contest featured in Dec issue. On the dyno with 3 repeated runs basically back to back, the hp/tq numbers where consistently in the same range, showing that we were not suffering from heatsoak sitting on the dyno. Even the editors of Eurotuner were impressed and commented with the IAT's the FMIC was showing on the dyno. On the road course at the Eurotuner GP, we did not have heatsoak issues all day long. The track numbers were consistently the same even after repeated laps. The driver, Paul Lambert (Stasis Engineering, Touring Car Driver) commented that our A4 did not have any overheating issues, stayed cool, and power was always available compared to the Avalon S4 and even their own S4 which would lose power over a few laps with their upgraded DSMIC, which he also drove at the event.

As far as performance, here are some of the dyno #'s the B6 guys with our FMIC have been pushing out.

Jeff (GT28RS, ER FMIC) 327 whp 327 tq Eurotuner GP (lost tach signal so the second run of 321 was recorded)

Ray (K04, ER FMIC, ER Testpipe) 248 whp 286 wtq

We are all about performance here, no compromise. We relocated the smog pump to make the pipes short and straighter even though that is more work for us and an extra part we needed to make. We replaced the OEM bumper reinforcement bar to fit a core that was more suited for the big turbos. We replaced every single OEM hose to hard pipe. The intercooler piping size was increased to support over 300 whp. Our end tanks are rolled and the interior is ported and polished for flow. Intercooler piping ends are beaded and come with silicone hump hose connections and t-bolt clamps. This and much more. Yes we could have cut corners, used cheap worm clamps, generic intercooler core and among other things to make it dirt cheap and sell lots of them, but that's not how we do it here. And you can expect the same type of performance and quality when the B5 Sport FMIC is released.

The B5 Sport FMIC will feature a smaller core suited for the K03, K04's upwards to the GT28R,RS,2871 etc... At the current moment there are no plans as of yet for the B5 Competition FMIC, unless there is a demand for it.

Evo Racewerks
12-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by docurley
You may want a tester in the UK, as there may be some slight differences in the pipe work

We would definately welcome any beta testers in the UK if there are any volunteers.

Also, we would like some beta testers in areas other than in the SoCal and DC areas so if you aren't from that area but are interested in being a beta tester please contact bitterchild. We want to ensure that the instructions we provide with the fmic kits are good enough that the basic at home installer and corner speed shop can install it with no problems.

schearer225
12-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey i am very very intrested in this kit. This is exactly wha i was looking for, i would be intrested in the competition series, with my turbo upgrade i will be doing very soon. I would also be intrested in any type of testing that might be need to help this go into effect. If there is anytype of mailing list i got get on to that would be kick ass. i try to get on the Zine as much as i can, so you can also get a hold of me at schearer225@netscape.net thanks

ScottyB 1.8T
12-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Scotty- You might know me and I'm sticking around. ER isn't going anywhere either.

yeah i wonder if i've run across you but just didnt know it (i have a crappy memory) ? anyway, sounds excellent, can't wait to see these bad boys on some peoples' cars. [up]

onemoremile
12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
a 248whp ko4? did i read that right?

94jedi
12-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by onemoremile
a 248whp ko4? did i read that right?

yeah am I reading that right? Of course that's a b6 but still...what are the most aggressive files for the b6 k04?

jtenright
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
I would like a black one for a KO3/KO4 setup
must be under $1K for real interest though

Evo Racewerks
12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I apologize, I remembered incorrectly. I'm off by 2.1 hp. He made 245.9 whp and 286 wtq. Here's the dyno chart:

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/images/dyno/2733dyno_run_ray.jpg

Mods on the car:
K04 with GIAC K04 File with Siemens Injectors
Neuspeed Exhaust
Evolution Racewerks Competition FMIC
Evolution Racewerks Test Pipe

yeah am I reading that right? Of course that's a b6 but still...what are the most aggressive files for the b6 k04?

3M0RT4L
12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I sent you a PM--get back to me whenever possible!

94jedi
12-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Evo Racewerks
I apologize, I remembered incorrectly. I'm off by 2.1 hp. He made 245.9 whp and 286 wtq. Here's the dyno chart:

http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/images/dyno/2733dyno_run_ray.jpg

Mods on the car:
K04 with GIAC K04 File with Siemens Injectors
Neuspeed Exhaust
Evolution Racewerks Competition FMIC
Evolution Racewerks Test Pipe

I have to say, I'm very impressed. Is this a pump gas or a race gas run?

Jeff
12-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Just for the note 245whp is FWHP, and not AWHP, just in case of the confusion. Nevertheless, it is still very good numbers for a K04.

94jedi
12-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
Just for the note 245whp is FWHP, and not AWHP, just in case of the confusion. Nevertheless, it is still very good numbers for a K04.

still, I never expected more than 220 whp out of a k04. Very impressive.

b00st
12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
I have to say, I'm very impressed. Is this a pump gas or a race gas run?

race gas...i remember that post.

Jeff
12-16-2005, 09:23 AM
race gas...i remember that post.

I'm almost certain it was racegas, not like how most B6 owners like to lie about. [;)]

b00st
12-16-2005, 09:41 AM
yeah....B6 owners are not liars. petty or get into pissing contests...so we can rule those things out. maybe liars is to harash...perhaps its more like with holding information. [:D]

Jeff
12-16-2005, 09:46 AM
yeah....B6 owners are not liars. petty or get into pissing contests...so we can rule those things out. maybe liars is to harash...perhaps its more like with holding information. [:D]

White Lies = Good Lies right? [;)]

b00st
12-16-2005, 10:06 AM
absolutely...i don't think you can count white lies...its like almost telling the truth right? ![:D]

Jeff
12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
absolutely...i don't think you can count white lies...its like almost telling the truth right? ![:D]

Tell that to the wife (gf), because she'll beg to differ. [:D]

Anyways!... back on topic here. You wanna buy a FMIC or not? [;)]

bitterchild
12-16-2005, 11:44 AM
what was this entire last page about? Dammit jeff, you are the original thread jacker.

Now looking for testers nationwide

looking for:
-reiger rs4 replica bumper
-oem rs4 bumper
-various aftermarket bumpers
-oem a4 hid option

PM me with your location and setup if interested. Keep the comments rolling fellas

Jeff
12-16-2005, 01:18 PM
what was this entire last page about? Dammit jeff, you are the original thread jacker.

I am a B6 owner...I jump off thr far end, WTF did you expect? [:D]

samx
12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I'd be interested in beta testing a FMIC for you.

I'm currently running a PES T28 kit with the factory SMIC.

I also have a stock A4 bumper as well as a stock S4 bumper, so I could test fitment for both.

Please send me an email at samx0004@umn.edu

beejohn
12-16-2005, 07:16 PM
any discounts for testers, bitterchild?

bitterchild
12-16-2005, 07:46 PM
of course, discounts, fame and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/tonydatyga/icons/boobies7qz.gif

RAyala2.7T
12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
awesome gif bitter. btw, pm sent.

bitterchild
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
still looking for a couple more testers

PM me

and if for some reason I haven't replied to your PM in a day or so, send me another one. I should have replied to everyone.

808a41.8t
12-17-2005, 08:02 PM
i am definately interested.

bitterchild
12-18-2005, 08:59 PM
replied to everyone

anymore comments about features you'd like to see that aren't offered or things you don't like about current offerings?

4ingDrive
12-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm definately down for one Bitter. This is exactly what I was looking for. How about something optimised for the K04.

99.5 w/K04, 5 bar fpr, Giac software, stock bumper and I don't want to hack it up too bad . Chicago IL. Spring 06.

AvantSpeed
12-18-2005, 11:31 PM
just our curiosity, why aren't any of you considering the

EVOMS.com FMIC (fits behind the stock bumper) or

racetec-us.com FMIC which also fits behind the stock bumper.

Then there is the Greddy.com fmic that will fit with a S4 bumper

And of course the goAPR.com fmic which fits behind the S4 bumper

All of these really seem like a good opt and I've seen racetec and evo in person so I know they are good quality. Just wondering what I'm missing?

salz2135
12-18-2005, 11:37 PM
People have considered them. In this case, the manufacturer is taking customer(forum) feedback and incorporating it into the design of the piece. Seems like a plus to me.

And as a side note, evo claims their unit will fit behind the stock bumer, but I've heard a number of accounts where people ended up trimming/shaving/cutting etc.

samx
12-19-2005, 07:21 AM
One thing that I've noticed about the different FMICs is how they are plumbed into the throttle body. I know that the EVOMS and the new racetec FMICs keep the factory rubber "S-bend" hose that attaches to the TB. The Ecode B6 FMIC, on the other hand, uses hard piping all the way up to the TB and attaches with a silicone coupling.

I've always seen the s-bend hose as an extra restriction that wasn't neccesary. But, I've also heard that there's a concern about the ridged piping causing the TB boot to be pulled off.

So, are you guys planning on hard piping all the way to the TB or keep the factory rubber hose?

94jedi
12-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by samx
One thing that I've noticed about the different FMICs is how they are plumbed into the throttle body. I know that the EVOMS and the new racetec FMICs keep the factory rubber "S-bend" hose that attaches to the TB. The Ecode B6 FMIC, on the other hand, uses hard piping all the way up to the TB and attaches with a silicone coupling.

I've always seen the s-bend hose as an extra restriction that wasn't neccesary. But, I've also heard that there's a concern about the ridged piping causing the TB boot to be pulled off.

So, are you guys planning on hard piping all the way to the TB or keep the factory rubber hose?

good point....remember that the s-pipe has alot of give to it. It's done that way because the IC is pretty much bolted to the frame but the engine is on a set of mounts which allows the engine to move a little. If you hard pipe the whole way, there may not be enough give although most companies make up for that with silicone couplers.

bitterchild
12-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Most likely TIG welded aluminum. There will be silicone hump hoses to provide the necessary give. Of course quality T-bolt clamps. ER doesn't cut corners.

Evo Racewerks
12-19-2005, 11:57 AM
It is our preference to replace all OEM rubber intercooler hose with hard piping. The only time we will not replace an OEM hose is when the bends are not physically possible with hard piping, however I have not ran into a problem where I couldn't use hard piping. Our B6 Competition FMIC kit replaces the "S-bend" with hard piping. The B5 FMIC will definately replace this piece with hard piping since the B5 throttle body points downwards, it'll be easier due to better clearances.

As far as engine movement, we include silicone hump hoses just for this reason, even though they do cost 3x more than regular straight pieces. On top of that, we include t-bolt clamps in the FMIC kit as well. Plus, all the intercooler pipe ends are all beaded as well. Basically, it's nearly impossilbe to blow off an intercooler piping from one of our FMIC kits when installed correctly. So far, we have not had 1 instance of anyone running our B6 Comp FMIC blowing off an intercooler piping or even having a boost leak directly from the FMIC kit.

Originally posted by samx

tkarwin
12-19-2005, 12:18 PM
the more i hear... the more I want.... Can't wait to see the finished product!

alen
12-19-2005, 04:56 PM
link to the 245whp K04 B6 thread?

AvantSpeed
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
i think options are great and I being that I'm the market for a FMIC I may just wait to see what you guy have to offer. As far as you description goes, it really sounds like the racetec unit so I hope you can beat their pricing. I took this picture off of their website.

http://www.racetec-us.com/home_files/Racetecb5kit.JPG

bitterchild
12-19-2005, 05:34 PM
sport = 6" core below the stock bumper support.

tkarwin
12-19-2005, 05:43 PM
The GenIII Race Tec unit will be hard to beat. It looks great, but I am crossing my fingers!!!

EuroA4
12-20-2005, 07:35 AM
How much is the Gen3 Racetec FMIC? It does look well built, and I really like that it fits the stock bumper with no modification and also does not need to move the secondary air pump.

Although...I'd really prefer black...so ER let's see what you can do.

Evo Racewerks
12-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. We appreciate everyone's input in the matter.

We originally did not plan to go into production of any B5 FMICs since we were focused on producing new parts for the B6 and were not sure if the B5 guys would be interested since there are options available. However, Bitterchild persisted in pursuing us to look further into producing our FMIC's for the B5. You guys should be lucky to have someone like Bitterchild (Tony) helping push for new developments for the B5 when every company is focused on the B6 and B7. This "feeler" post has served it's purpose in convincing us that the B5 guys shouldn't be forgotten. [;)]

So I would like to announce that it is official, the B5 Sport FMIC kit project is a go. Please stay tuned for more developments.

Currently, we have a B5 Passat in the shop getting a custom Competition FMIC. Luckily, this will speed up the R&D process as some of the details of the A4 B5 Sport FMIC can be worked out and initial testing done with this custom FMIC. After Christmas, we plan to get started on the first prototype units and soon thereafter, the first beta testers will get their FMIC kits for testing.

If you guys have any further feedback to give us, feel free to continue to do so. Also anyone interested in being a beta tester, please contact Bitterchild. Thanks again for the support!

tkarwin
12-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Yea!!!!! R&D is a good xmas present!

Evo Racewerks
12-23-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by alen
link to the 245whp K04 B6 thread?

Sorry didn't see this post.

Here's the thread to the 245 whp K04 B6 thread:

http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67763&highlight=evolution+racewerks

quattroanillos5
12-23-2005, 05:48 AM
i'd be very interested in this as well...

K03 - giac \ Morristown, NJ \ spring '06

AvantSpeed
12-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by EuroA4
How much is the Gen3 Racetec FMIC? It does look well built, and I really like that it fits the stock bumper with no modification and also does not need to move the secondary air pump.

Although...I'd really prefer black...so ER let's see what you can do.

Just got an email back from them. They told me it was $800+ shipping.

bitterchild
12-23-2005, 10:20 AM
happy holidays everyone, we're moving along with testing.

FILMAC
12-25-2005, 03:03 AM
B5, 2001.5, Avant, Stock k03, GIAC (CH ECU FILE), Northridge CA, Mid-January 2006, Available for Dyno Only/No Track.

Interested in Black Anodized Model.

Contact Info: FILMAC@gmail.com

BranCKY3
12-26-2005, 12:55 AM
2001 K04 / Macomb, MI / Spring 06.

TheObiJuan
01-01-2006, 05:15 PM
New Year bump... interested..... :D

UCFQuattroguy
01-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Definatly interested here. Have any testers in Florida yet (for summer testing, etc). Only problem is the $$ involved. If you do financing I'm all over it like a stripper on a dollar bill..

bitterchild
01-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Got Florida repped, I'll put together a very good intro price for all you guys so try to stack up some bills. Have some cash together say end of Januaryish?

onemoremile
01-02-2006, 09:42 PM
now you've just got to nail down that oh so exclusive West Michigan market.

[wrench] [drive] [race]

boosteda4
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
What about Central California?? =) Im about an hour north of fresno, but im willing to drive to LA.. =)

BLACK B5
01-02-2006, 10:15 PM
bitter just let me know when they release.....i will be ready in of jan.[a4]

dualaudi
01-02-2006, 10:36 PM
This is sweet... an actual retailer asking for ideas... anyone know if a 3" exhaust will make a difference with a bigger intercooler? on K03? and what about a k04? i hope i have enough cash at the end of jan.

bitterchild
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
3" isn't really helpful until you start getting close to 400bhp. Course lower backpressure helps any turbo but the k03/k04's don't really need help spooling.

samx
01-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Will you guys be taking paypal or credit cards?

I still want one regardless, I just need to make sure I have my finances in order at the end of the month.

bitterchild
01-03-2006, 12:21 PM
yea, paypal and CC should be fine. I'll post updates and details so keep an eye out.

blacka41point8t
01-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Bitterchild you have pm...I want one for my b5 when I get my k04 kit started!

rhythmman
01-04-2006, 06:48 PM
wow! Things look very promising for this kit... I think things are on the right track. One suggestion I'd throw out there is to try to retain the foglights when using the stock bumper (this is my setup, and I have xenon fogs that I'm incredibly attached to ;).
Keep up the awesome work, and I'll be looking to buy one if finances work out.

2001 ko3sport, APR v3.1 CH programming (tweaked a little), looking for a new FMIC summer '06.

bitterchild
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
are the xenon fogs in the factory foglight housings?

rhythmman
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
are the xenon fogs in the factory foglight housings?
yes they are - the ballasts are mounted inside the bumper support with custom brackets (this is the only thing I see interfering if a replacement support is added). Other than that, everything housing-wise is factory.

Audone
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I have APR Stage 3 with Uberhaus Bumper if you need a tester for that... But I am in Canada...
I currently have the EVO but would sell it if the quality/performance of this unit is above!

bitterchild
01-05-2006, 01:40 PM
all replied. anyone who has not emailed me needs to do so soon or they will not be considered for testing.

Beta testers should look for an email early next week detailing shipment dates, prices, etc.

Still looking for testers with k03/k04 or upgraded turbo kits w/ a variety of front ends.

TheObiJuan
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Mailbox full so...
Do you need anyone to represent the Texas market?
I have a 2000 1.8TQ and will be getting a k04 soon. This sounds like it could be a great deal.

bitterchild
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
mailbox cleaned, please PM again if you haven't gotten a response. Sorry for the trouble, I have to clear my entire box every week :\

bitterchild
01-06-2006, 10:30 AM
thanks for all the PMs, I replied to them all. I'll be finalizing the list this weekend so please be sure to contact me if you haven't already gotten an email reply from me.

if you dont want to test but want the intro price please PM me so I put you on the mailing list.

4ingDrive
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I haven't heard back from you yet.

bitterchild
01-09-2006, 11:28 PM
All PMs should have been replied to. I will be posting a significant update tommorow, Tuesday 1/10 so please check back here. We will be needing your input again. Thanks guys

bitterchild
01-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Everyone please click here (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78926)

Greyhound Guy
02-10-2006, 03:05 PM
I am looking for a stealth stock bumper fit, I don't understand the sport vs compition kit. Cost is a big factor for me.

bitterchild
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM
competition is a large core for 300+hp cars that includes a custom rebar for clearance issues. Currently there is only a competition for the b6 a4.

The sport kit is a medium core that will support 200-350hp and retain the stock bumper support.

The cost difference between the two reflects the labor and parts costs of the rebar and the different cores. Let me know if you have any other questions. We are still developing the b5 sport kit with our testers.

Greyhound Guy
02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Aah, I would only need the sport then. I didn't see a price anywhere. I think a web page with a summary of information would work better than reading through a couple threads on here.

bitterchild
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
I will put a thread together with all the information when the public release is ready. This will include pictures of installed kits, the parts in the kit, dyno and logs, prices, options, etc. I can't publish final pricing yet but it will be a deal if you get in the introductory group buy. You can't miss it when it comes out.

Eurasia_1.8T
03-09-2006, 09:14 AM
You still need Beta testers in the DC area? 1.2bar K04 chipped A4 here with a stock front bumper, no shaving, cutting, nothing...fresh as a newborn's ass. Also R&D can be done on both K03 and K04 turbos with my car since I have both turbo setups. K03 is currently in, K04 can be if you want.. :-) What's up?

Eurasia_1.8T
03-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Plus I still have a stock ECU to that we can use if needed.

GraysonF
03-09-2006, 03:05 PM
bitterchild...any idea when the public release will be? if i have a few weeks i can gather the dough to get in on the group buy....any idea of release date and group buy date would be awesome....thanks!!!

XXXX
03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Any pics?

ActiveMonkey
03-09-2006, 10:10 PM
where can i buy one?

bitterchild
03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
still working on it, I will post up details regarding release and intro GB so don't worry about missing out on it. Just don't spend all your money before then :p

Eurasia_1.8T
03-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Before when? What date you shooting for release of these kits?

ICEBIRGSLIM
10-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I'M A LIL LATE BUT DID ANYTHING EVER EVOLVE FROM THIS?

MR VTEC
10-12-2006, 09:33 AM
BESIDES pricing and their competiton core? [:p]

TQMB5
10-12-2006, 10:37 AM
you have PM bitter

iin10ded
10-12-2006, 10:56 AM
i would be very intertested, depending of cource on price, spec + performance documentation. thanks! jim [ko4/giac]

MR VTEC
10-12-2006, 11:11 AM
this isn't one of the cheaper fmic's but remember you pay for what you get.

onemoremile
10-12-2006, 01:13 PM
has anyone actually gotten one yet? i know they had some bugs to work out and kept getting sidelined by extra work. i'm just curious as to how these intercoolers actually turned out.

98a4
10-12-2006, 02:38 PM
If they are out, and the GB doesnt mean 3 months to get it, Im in.

4ingDrive
10-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Wow this has been dragged out for almost a year.

MR VTEC
10-13-2006, 07:32 AM
they came out with the product already so it's not like the apr "2 weeks thing"

ICEBIRGSLIM
10-13-2006, 08:12 AM
well i definately wanna find out pricing on one of the more stock bumper compatible ones. bitter you also have a PM from me!

ICEBIRGSLIM
10-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by 98a4
If they are out, and the GB doesnt mean 3 months to get it, Im in.

im might be down for the group buy if the price is right and yo 98a4 your car looks sick!

MR VTEC
10-13-2006, 09:34 AM
rennart has a fire sale which ends on the 15th and they have ER FMIC's.
Or contact Bitter.

bitterchild
10-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey guys, sorry I was out all week at the track. ER doesn't have a B5 fmic released to dealers yet. We're still looking for beta testers in the Los Angeles area.

Specifically we're looking for b5's with

-oem s4, rs4 or aftermarket bumper + k03/k04 or BT
- stock bumper + k03/k04

PS - I'll try and get some updated pics up this week

sandnessmj
10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
What's the status of these? I'm HUGELY interested, currently running a stock bumper and APR stage III...would love a stealthy black one!

bitterchild
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
you could try a prototype if you don't mind hacking up the bumper inside

sandnessmj
10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Tried to send you a PM but your box is full...can you PM me the details of the prototype? IE. how much bumper hacking, price, etc?

Thanks,
Matt

BeeFiveQuattro
10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Hey guys, sorry I was out all week at the track. ER doesn't have a B5 fmic released to dealers yet. We're still looking for beta testers in the Los Angeles area.

- stock bumper + k03/k04

I am in the west SFV (LA) and may be willing to help out getting the ER fmic fitted for us B5ers.
-I've got a 01.5 yellow 1.8T quattro (stock with a neuspeed chip).

I am looking to add boost pretty soon, and wouldn't mind helping out in getting a nice fitting/flowing fmic for the community. (FWIW, I generally post on the tex under 'ylwghost')

LMK if I can help out.
[up]

BzeB5A4
11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi, just wondering if there are any updates on this?

bitterchild
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I guess I'll snap some pics for everyone. PM me if I forget

94jedi
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Snap some pics and post em!!!

MacA4
11-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Very interested in this. YGPM Bitter

AAQSC
11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Was there a price actually set for this?

Euro
01-16-2007, 11:06 AM

- stock bumper + k03/k04

bitter,

I would gladly go out of my way to test these one. I Don't Live in LA area, but im down there all the time, due to lots of family down there.

I dont know how realistic that is, but if you were open or looking for B5's to test them on... thats what im here for.

Im chipped and stock front bumper.

bitterchild
01-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I'll get some beta pics and updates for you all this week

xpl0sive
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
im interested in these too... i am in canada tho, but i will be going to a GT2X turbo and either k04 or pc-16 software... whats the price on these?

sean1.8t
01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll get some beta pics and updates for you all this week

sweet! [up]

im interested in these too... i am in canada tho, but i will be going to a GT2X turbo and either k04 or pc-16 software... whats the price on these?

im guessing around the price of the B6 ER FMIC kit [;)]

AAQSC
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Lets see these things. Snap some pictures.

I am hopefully getting a return this year and this would be a perfect little gift to myself.

Please PM me details on a black set up for a 1999.5 B5 with a stock set up.

SilverB5A4
01-19-2007, 05:12 AM
I have been keeping track of this for a little while and I have been itching to to pick one of these up with my impending turbo upgrade

AAQSC
01-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Bump. Lets see pictures. I still havent gotten a PM from you.

Tiluleshpingen
01-27-2007, 02:02 PM
i guess am alittle late on this thread .. but i like the black iodenized FMIC current modds are Giac sofware atp3" test pipe, 2.50 catless exhaust stock bumper, K04 soon to come.. stock bumper.. main concern is the price tag as am looking for a aftermarket clutch and and a k04.. lookin to purchase one of these around May or June of this year.. keeping on eye on the group buy

Jeff
01-27-2007, 11:16 PM
...some moderator LOCK this thread already. [:D]

Tiluleshpingen
01-27-2007, 11:54 PM
[confused]
...some moderator LOCK this thread already. [:D]

you are kidding right?

Tiluleshpingen
01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
wuts the word on this thread??

StreetUrchin
01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Bitterchild you got PM

ShawFM
01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
wuts the word on this thread??

It keeps going and going...

http://hotairballooning.com/comm/images/energize.gif

StreetUrchin
02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Haven't heard back from you yet bitter, you alive out there?

bitterchild
02-18-2007, 03:29 PM
yea, I'm alive. B5 competition is coming out in spring with a public release. B5 sport is being re-engineered to better meet the demographic needs

Euro-Tuner
07-09-2007, 07:41 AM
what happened with this????

Tiluleshpingen
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM

it keeps going and going and going[:D]

sean1.8t
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
it's been fucking rediculous

bitterchild
07-11-2007, 07:04 PM
it's simply a matter of the market being able to support the product.

Evo Racewerks
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry, we've been so busy lately I haven't had time to go on the forums recently.

R&D on the Competition FMIC for the B5 A4 has been finished about a month now. The last beta test unit has been sitting here at the shop waiting for Bitterchild... eh hem... [;)]
As with everything we do, we do not want to rush into production until all beta testing is done. This ensures that our production units are 100% perfect.
Once Bitterchild test fits the last beta test, it will go into production and released.
Bitterchild, your FMIC has been pressure tested and is collecting dust right now [:D]

Militant-Grunt
07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Pricing?

dualaudi
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
it's been fucking rediculous

tell me about it... i had to settle for a custom ebay FMIC...

mike-2ptzero
07-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Sorry, we've been so busy lately I haven't had time to go on the forums recently.

R&D on the Competition FMIC for the B5 A4 has been finished about a month now. The last beta test unit has been sitting here at the shop waiting for Bitterchild... eh hem... [;)]
As with everything we do, we do not want to rush into production until all beta testing is done. This ensures that our production units are 100% perfect.
Once Bitterchild test fits the last beta test, it will go into production and released.
Bitterchild, your FMIC has been pressure tested and is collecting dust right now [:D]

Problem is that bitterchild is always out of town or out of the country, which is most likely why it is taking so long to get him to actually put it on his car. Maybe it would be better to find someone local that is willing to test fit it and I am sure finding a person shouldn't be too hard.

BTW never heard back from you about doing the roll bar. What sucks now is that I might need a cage since the car is about to hit 135+ mph trap speeds.

Euro-Tuner
07-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Evo racewerks: where is local to you?

quattro16
07-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I would like to be the first to try it.

NoFlyZone
07-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Ahh yep, I'm interested. Good start for a future BIG turbo!

bitterchild
07-15-2007, 01:13 PM
BTW never heard back from you about doing the roll bar. What sucks now is that I might need a cage since the car is about to hit 135+ mph trap speeds.

fred can probably look into it as soon as the machinery gets moved, I would call him. As for the intercoolers I'll be fitting them on cars the next couple weeks.

mike-2ptzero
07-15-2007, 01:24 PM
fred can probably look into it as soon as the machinery gets moved, I would call him. As for the intercoolers I'll be fitting them on cars the next couple weeks.

I think Fred(CF Whore) ;) was going to call up fred at ER to see if he would like to use his car for testing since it does have a APR stage 3 kit on it running a "wild" type program.

fred2ka4
07-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I think Fred(CF Whore) ;) was going to call up fred at ER to see if he would like to use his car for testing since it does have a APR stage 3 kit on it running a "wild" type program.

I did talk to Fred and being that I am only about 5 hours away we are in the process of trying to work out the time frame. I'll know something by tomorrow as I will be giving him a call tonight or first thing Monday morning.

If all works out this will be completed sometime soon like by the end of the month.

[:D][up]

Evo Racewerks
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Pricing?

Basic Kit MSRP $1,395.00
Full Kit MSRP $1,595.00

Keep in mind MSRP is not actual retail. The dealers should be selling it for cheaper. www.evolutionracewerks.com/dealers.php for list of dealers.

Basic kit is a barebone DIY kit. Requires you do modify your OEM bumper reinforcement bar, which is quite easy since it's aluminum.

Full kit includes everything needed for installation. This includes a new bumper reinforcement bar, new power steering cooler, etc...

Evo Racewerks
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Well this final test is to test out instructions as well as 3rd party installation.
Want to make sure the instructions are sound and that the typical person can install it at home without problems.

I thought you were going to contact me when you are ready for the roll bar. Make up your mind! [:p] roll bar or cage. It will be difficult to do the roll cage if a roll bar is already in so if you think you need cage, better do cage.

Problem is that bitterchild is always out of town or out of the country, which is most likely why it is taking so long to get him to actually put it on his car. Maybe it would be better to find someone local that is willing to test fit it and I am sure finding a person shouldn't be too hard.

Evo Racewerks
07-24-2007, 11:34 PM
SoCal, Los Angeles area.

Sorry for the late replies. We've been extremely busy lately and no time to read the forums. We've increased our workforce and we're still working 14+ hours daily.

BTW, we're still hiring [;)] anyone interested? Currently have a fabricator positions and apprentice positions needed.

Evo racewerks: where is local to you?

Evo Racewerks
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh man! Dude I was like...eh? who's this. Then I remembered! Man I'm sorry I forgot to call you back. Call me tomorrow. I slightly forgot what we talked about. Bad short term memory and too much things to do [mad]

I did talk to Fred and being that I am only about 5 hours away we are in the process of trying to work out the time frame. I'll know something by tomorrow as I will be giving him a call tonight or first thing Monday morning.

If all works out this will be completed sometime soon like by the end of the month.

[:D][up]

gotaudi
07-24-2007, 11:58 PM
I would love to work with you guys[:D]... I live semi close (Pomona) I have no fabricator skill though[=(]

Whats my chances???

EUROTEK//S4
07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
sorry OT: any updates on the B5 S4 FMIC kit ????

Evo Racewerks
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, there is a fabricator apprentice position which might work. We're in Baldwin Park, so you're pretty close. I live in Diamond Bar and the commute is like 15 min. Anyone interested in positions can contact me at fredsu@evolutionracewerks.com .

I would love to work with you guys[:D]... I live semi close (Pomona) I have no fabricator skill though[=(]

Whats my chances???

Evo Racewerks
07-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Sorry no update on the B5 S4 FMIC. We've got the prototype built for some time now, works beautifully. However, as you may already know, S4 with FMIC = overheating. Until we address the overheating issue, no FMIC release. We do not want to release products we know have issues. At this current time, we are so swamped with making intercoolers that there is really not much time for R&D.

BTW, our B5 S4 SMIC upgrade kit has just released. That might be something you might be interested in. We've been building them day and night for 2 weeks now.

sorry OT: any updates on the B5 S4 FMIC kit ????

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Bitter...
I willing to drive my piece of poo down to MD to be a test vehicle [:p]

mike-2ptzero
07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Well this final test is to test out instructions as well as 3rd party installation.
Want to make sure the instructions are sound and that the typical person can install it at home without problems.

I thought you were going to contact me when you are ready for the roll bar. Make up your mind! [:p] roll bar or cage. It will be difficult to do the roll cage if a roll bar is already in so if you think you need cage, better do cage.

No I did call you but you couldn't get me in that week so you said you would call me when you got the cars you had in the shop done. Well at this point I might as well go cage since we expect my car to hit close to 140 mph traps soon, so let me know a price for a NHRA spec cage when you get a chance.

2001A4QUATTRO
07-25-2007, 06:20 PM
You guys are in MD? That would be frickin awesome if you guys needed a test vehicle... All stock with Carbonio intake, Black001.8T heatshield (awesome BTW) and Apr stock,93.[drive] [hail] [wrench] [az]

Whens the Sport intercooler coming out?

Please dont make me [=(].. LOL Thanks to all!!!

P.S. Hope you guys are done soon. I am ready to buy. Thanks!

mike-2ptzero
07-25-2007, 06:36 PM
ER is in Socal.

2001A4QUATTRO
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Ohh Well... Lol

fred2ka4
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
So what ever happened to this?????

mike-2ptzero
09-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Has anyone even heard from Bitterchild? I guess we can always call fred at ER and ask.

sean1.8t
09-24-2007, 05:55 PM
site states a "mid july" release date on the FMIC's.. fucking ridiculous

it's a good thing that ER has an amazing reputation for great products

mike-2ptzero
09-25-2007, 04:09 AM
site states a "mid july" release date on the FMIC's.. fucking ridiculous

it's a good thing that ER has an amazing reputation for great products

Yeah they do. Just sucks that this got tossed to the side. I guess someone just dropped the ball on this one.

bitterchild
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
production volume has not been justified, it doesn't seem many b5 guys would pay almost a grand for a big stock bumper ic. Small turbo guys want cheap and that's already available, big turbo guys already have bumpers or don't mind getting new bumpers for better flow/fitment. If the market demand is there and just not visible, a few calls to ER requesting the specific model would be helpful. Talk is cheap though

dingguhlbary
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
yeah, it IS pretty expensive.

sean1.8t
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
production volume has not been justified, it doesn't seem many b5 guys would pay almost a grand for a big stock bumper ic. Small turbo guys want cheap and that's already available, big turbo guys already have bumpers or don't mind getting new bumpers for better flow/fitment. If the market demand is there and just not visible, a few calls to ER requesting the specific model would be helpful. Talk is cheap though

don't much agree with that at all. since ER, and whoever had anything to do with the B5 FMIC kit, has drug their feet for almost 2 years on this everyone that would have bought this has already gone a different route. the "cheap Ebay" fmic kit's didn't start to gain popularity, or even existance for that matter, til early this year.

i don't believe that the main draw for this kit is that it fits stock bumper. that is a good part of it. but there is also the amazing craftsmanship that ER brings to their products. the quality of the pipes, fitment, and Garrett core, and everything else that comes with it. you say talk is cheap, well that's all you have been doing for the past 2 years with this. and it obviously can't be that cheap, since no one has a chance to buy it..