PDA

View Full Version : heater will not shut off !!

b5dippin
12-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Okay so this morning driving to work i was cold right. So i decided to push the button to turn the heater on well it was working fine until i decided to press the buttons on the far right of the heater controls. One of them was an arrow pointing up then on the bottom there was an arrow pointing down and one button in the middle (not sure what it was) so i pressed it to figure out what it does. Well now after pressing it my heater is blowing hot air at me at max and i can't stop or shut it off what to do??? i am such a dumb ass![confused]

69Muscle
12-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Ur just changing the vents the air gets pushed out of (top middle bottom). The + and - keys below that turn down the actual blower motor.

bitterchild
12-12-2005, 08:18 AM
i don't suppose you know how to read... your owner's manual

BranCKY3
12-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Sounds like the button is stuck in. Get a q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol, then wipe it along the edges of that button. Then try to push it a couple times and make sure it turns off. My car does the same thing..

Audi A4 1.8T
12-12-2005, 08:40 AM
mine does that.. its gets stuck and then for like 5 minsute i cant use any of the controls, i guess i need to clean it.

k0mpresd
12-12-2005, 08:41 AM
ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha....just think....this is the future right here....not smart enough to figure out that the button w/ the fan picture is what turns the fan up and down...[headbang]

BranCKY3
12-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Haha. But honestly that middle button is notorious for sticking in our cars. I bet it's just that, I'm sure that anyone can figure out how to turn the fan up and down.

k0mpresd
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
he didnt say he pushed the fan button though..he said he was pushing the vent buttons

edit: and it sounds like he didnt even know what the vent buttons did or that they were actually for the vents

DRA4
12-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Mine gets stuck in the winter too, when is very cold, i need to clean it asap.

b5dippin
12-12-2005, 09:04 AM
yeah i actually know how to control the button that can either + or - the air or heat i just didnt know what the other buttons did but i do now. Sorry i didnt mention that on the first post. Yes that is what it sounds like that the middle button is stuck so i will try the idea of dipping a cue tip with rubbing alcohol and rubbing it on the edges of the buttons.. is this the only theory?

BranCKY3
12-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Or you could take the radio / climate control out and try to clean it.. See if the q-tip thing works first, if it does it will probably stick again eventually and you'll need to clean it or not use it. I choose not to use my center vents anyway, I hate air blowing in my face.

b5dippin
12-12-2005, 09:32 AM
thanks alot foe your help BranCKY3
and the rest of you guys...

Scuba06Steve
12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
i have a related ?

whenever i just have the heater on and its cold, then the window fogs up, i press the defroster button and the fan turns all the way up and its really annoying cuz i just wanted it at the low level i had it before.

can i turn this off because i hate tappiong the crap out of the down button.

BranCKY3
12-12-2005, 11:42 AM
No, but you could press the up arrow on the right side of the climate control, the air will blow right up on the windshield. Should defrost the window nicely and won't turn all the way up. Then you can just press the Auto button to warm the rest of the car up.

LateraLex
12-12-2005, 06:45 PM
I think the heater/AC unit is possesed. Why does it somtimes feel like increasing the vent speed? Its very gradual - and it's when the Auto mode is off. Ghosts?

AElucky83
12-12-2005, 07:04 PM
lateralex..mine does the same..i think jesus is in my clitmate controls

Audi A4 1.8T
12-13-2005, 04:39 AM
i gave up on the climate control... i have auto off and it still adds speed to the vents

SeanF
12-13-2005, 08:22 AM
well thats because it will only put out the heat that is available from the engine heat... if the car is cold, the heat will not work, so the fan will not blow cold air around until the air its blowing is warm...

denimblue-1.8
12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Consider yourself lucky, my heat isn't even working at all right now. About twice each winter the heat doesn't work and it just blasts cold air.

AudiSnawb
12-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by k0mpresd
ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha....just think....this is the future right here....not smart enough to figure out that the button w/ the fan picture is what turns the fan up and down...[headbang]

You said it ALL before I could................ *sigh*

SFexBOY
12-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm almost 99% sure your button is stuck. Once it's freed up, and popped backed out, your other controls will work. You probably spilled a drink on those buttons. I did, and they always stick now...esp in colder weather.

goldenchild
12-18-2005, 04:17 PM
dude my knuckles work wonders when that happens......im down with the punchin method when the buttons get stuck...hahahaha