PDA

View Full Version : Maestro doesn't flash files

vrmm
02-09-2017, 08:36 PM
It just sits at testing checksums block: 30.
There's a loading bar that's at like 80% then it goes to zero and does nothing.
eurodyne flash 7.0.0
I got it to flash one file after like 10 attempts but it surges going into boost and that file did not do that before.

Vagcom took about 15 tries to connect to any block but that adapter said it connected fine.

Any ideas?

Dan[FN]6262
02-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Have you tried using it in slow mode or whatever it calls it? I can't remember anymore lol. Its under an options tab if I remember correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hook your battery up to a charger while flashing it

CoyneJ
02-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Yea you wanna have a battery maintainer so you don't brick anything lol

vrmm
02-10-2017, 08:20 AM
I've had my battery day a couple times and it lived on after ward :p

I did try slow mode and medium with no success.

Avant Nate
02-10-2017, 09:58 AM
No the battery maintainer ensures full charge while flashing. Supposedly if you voltage falls low enough while flashing, you could brick it. I've never heard of it actually happening so it's probably just a myth.

Dan[FN]6262
02-10-2017, 10:14 AM
It happened to me. Had to send my ECU to Tapp for him to work his magic.

CoyneJ
02-16-2017, 07:53 PM
No the battery maintainer ensures full charge while flashing. Supposedly if you voltage falls low enough while flashing, you could brick it. I've never heard of it actually happening so it's probably just a myth.
Older cars seem to be more forgiving, U should try flashing a newer bmw lol, it takes like 8 hours and can draw like 80 amp current and still can get bricked with the maintainer on. And the battery maintainer I use is to keep the voltage steady and filter out the ac current because ecu don't like voltage jumping up and down which you would get with regular battery charger