PDA

View Full Version : Soft coding on a Eurodyne Maestro tuned ecu? Fuel trim problem

f15046
02-02-2017, 01:48 PM
(Cross posted on the Vortex too)
I have a 2001 A4 that has a built engine, GT30, yada yada yada.

I recently purchased Maestro and flashed the ecu ( I flashed it using a AWP file as all research says my AWM ecu uses the same maps) Car runs great but I've noticed in Block 032 that both of my fuel trims are at 0 and I know they should not be.

So I've tested all emissions related equipment that's required for the fuel trims to work and using vagcom all of those work (such as n75, Evap, N112, vvt, etc.)

I've noticed the soft coding on my ecu does not match what it should be for my 2001 A4 with esp. it looks like it soft coding for a Jetta. Vagcom will not allow the soft coding to be changed. I think this might be my fuel trim problem.

So any suggestions as to how to make the Maestro tuned ecu accept soft coding changes OR how to get the fuel trims to work right?

andyrew
02-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Might get a better response here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/472223752954631/

f15046
02-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Ok. Thanks for the FB link. Although i would have to start my FB page back up. That thing has been dormant for awhile!

Corrado_Guy
02-07-2017, 07:26 PM
I have a 2000 that I upgraded to the 2001 engine management and I too used the AWP tune on mine and no issues. I do not have ESP and my coding is set to 7500 and no issues otherwise. What I did have to is enable the switching active under the quick tune which was not set but the car ran p0orly before this so it may not be part of your issue. How many driving cycles have you put the car through? The 02 corrections will not come up right away so you do have to run it for a while. Log it as well and see what it is doing at a point in time and look at how things are working. Check for big fuel corrections and knock to begin which and this will give you an idea of how the car is running. Are you running a MAF? I run a MAF with a N75 and no N229 and no SAI equipment and can see the short/long term fuel trims. As for changing the soft coding are you using an original Ross-Comm cable with registered or activated software? I think you can read & clear codes with the free version but pretty much nothing else.

f15046
02-07-2017, 09:26 PM
I do have ESP on my car but that seems to function fine. MAF-less. I do have switching set to active. So the car is making O2 corrections when you log it but nothing is saving into block 032 for fuel trims. I have driven it awhile (100+ miles with no trims saving)

I have an older full version of vagcom. Maybe the soft coding has nothing to do with my fuel trims. Just seems weird not to be able to change the soft coding.

Corrado_Guy
02-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Can you get O2 corrections in block 032 without a MAF? I would check into that because I think it is needed, I run a MAF because it makes the car run better and I only run 21 PSI so there is no need to run MAF-less.

andyrew
02-09-2017, 09:54 AM
I do have ESP on my car but that seems to function fine. MAF-less. I do have switching set to active. So the car is making O2 corrections when you log it but nothing is saving into block 032 for fuel trims. I have driven it awhile (100+ miles with no trims saving)

I have an older full version of vagcom. Maybe the soft coding has nothing to do with my fuel trims. Just seems weird not to be able to change the soft coding.

Do you have any error codes from the ecu? That will prevent the ECU from saving fuel trims.

f15046
02-09-2017, 10:00 AM
I don't think being MAF-less effects fuel trims.

There were no error codes saved in the ecu.

f15046
02-14-2017, 05:06 PM
UPDATE:

I replaced my non-vvt tensioner with an actual VVT tensioner. Then I was still not getting fuel trims and the cams were not advancing with the VVT functionality of Maestro. I finally figured out that the VVT solenoid was not engaging using the output tests in vagcom. So the fuse to the VVT was blown. It's located under the ecu cover. Now my VVT works and fuel trims work. Car spools a lot faster with VVT engaged and car runs very smooth with the fuel trims now working.

I appreciate the help and ideas everyone gave on here.