PDA

View Full Version : like all my threads starts...help!!

ImpalorA4
12-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Well anyway its probably nothing major but today as i was parked on a little hill i noticed that from about the middle of my car water was leaking...i examined it and smlled it and it was clrearly water. Was it from the heater puling in condensing in the cold?

Also my temp readout screan on my 96A4 is all f up and leaking. Is there a way to fix it. Can i find and upgrade to the newer style 99 or something type of control unit?

thanks

drlandry00
12-08-2005, 07:29 PM
dontknow about first question, but if it was just water, no biggie.
as for #2 question, you are proper fucked. unless you want to change out the whole cluster(which is a slut bag to do) . live with it, or shut it off like I do!!

Scuba06Steve
12-08-2005, 11:42 PM
did u have ur AC on? lol yeah like drlandry said water is no biggie.

that sux ur temp readout screen is fucked, that cant be repaired, at least i dont think.

almaster666
12-09-2005, 12:48 AM
yeah, so long as its water its all good
had your radiator been leaking, thered have been coolant in there

ImpalorA4
12-09-2005, 06:41 AM
damn so i guess i will have to estimate what the temp is..anyway thanks for all the responses...the water probably was just snow melting from underneath the protector.

So the climate control unit can not be replaced with some other one? I know on AW some did a retrofit of the newer style into the 96 A4. Anyway ill go look for it

A4_Andre
12-09-2005, 07:07 AM
when i was my car there is sometimes some water driping behind the front wheel towards the center. shouldnt be anything major. the cluster problem is a common problem with everyone.