PDA

View Full Version : Help Brake light and ABS light on at the same time?!!?!

LaTenTConcepT
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I just borught my car to A guy who knows cars he replaced many control arms and on rear passenger wheel bering. I started up the car and after about 200 feet the ABS and the parkign brake came on at the same time. I tested the ABS and shure enough it didnt go off just locked up. I have tested all the fuses all i think 3 of them please It would be great If some one could answer me tonight so I can posibly call the guy who fixed my car if he was at fault or if it was just a coincidence. Just some info the car sat for a day or two and it very cold out side (like 18 degrees farenhight)
and it a 1997 2.8 quattro and that dont flash both come on at the same time

AudiSnawb
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
he possibly could have dissconected the brake sensor off the pad if he removed a lot of stuff by the wheel and was working in that general area.......

drlandry00
12-08-2005, 07:33 PM
abs module. that is what it was on my car. and yes he could have fucked them up. there are quite a few wires and sensors on the control arm setup, like the whole wheel area. when I had my coilovers put on, the guy fucked up my abs sensor on the axel. abs was going off like a bitch, so YES he quite possible fucked it up, i dont think it can just drop out of service like that.

LaTenTConcepT
12-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the help hope fully somthing was just dissconnected ill call in the morning

drlandry00
12-08-2005, 07:43 PM
hopefully, if not he will be replacing an expensive part, from what hear.. There is no doubt in my mind that the mechanic messed something up..

greenz
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
check all wheelspeed sensors first, then ABS module. the pad wear indicator won't make the ABS stop working.

belinko
12-09-2005, 10:23 PM
sounds like an ABS module, something similar happened to the A6

quickglx
12-10-2005, 01:15 PM
check the speed sensors

undertow999
12-11-2005, 02:23 AM
since he was working on your suspension, I would check the speed sensors, since this is a common problem when sensors become dirty or damaged. But if they check out alright, then its your ABS Control unit, but you can get that repaired for $250 from www.modulemaster.com .

ed@mtl
12-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Your best bet is to Vag it first. Then you'll know your answer.

RedRocket
12-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ed@audiyo
Your best bet is to Vag it first. Then you'll know your answer.

Not on the older A4s. Mine did that and it said nothing useful. "Abs problem" lol.

LaTenTConcepT, search for the answer. I've written books about the abs system on many threads. Try it. [:)]

diegomatrix
12-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by RedRocket
Not on the older A4s. Mine did that and it said nothing useful. "Abs problem" lol.

LaTenTConcepT, search for the answer. I've written books about the abs system on many threads. Try it. [:)]

lol.... it's bad enough that he posted his question to like 5 different audi forums......[headbang]

RedRocket
12-11-2005, 05:21 PM
^^^hahaha

LaTenTConcepT
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by RedRocket

nope did the vag and came up with the exact problem speed sensor was off

yea i posted he same thing in like 50 forums

RedRocket
12-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Which speed sensor? You got four.

nizmosx
12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
This just happend to my car and out of the blue, so it might not be mechanix fault if it is the abs unit. If there is a sensor unpluged then no big deal, but you would have to be a halfwit to forget to plug in something like that, especially if thats what he was working on. My unit just decided to fail and now im out 250 to get it rebuilt by module masters.

LaTenTConcepT
12-20-2005, 07:17 PM
he just didnt push my rear drivers side in engought so I guess it didnt read right...the vag told me right away it wasnt a module so i was relived it was a easy fix

RedRocket
12-21-2005, 08:51 AM
^^^Glad your problem is solved.