PDA

View Full Version : Navigation / Computer quection?...

NogaroA4
12-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Ok I did a search and was not able to come up with anything to helpful...I was hoping that someone could either guide me in the right direction or just anwser some quections...
Ok I currently have a clarion 7inch flip up screen in my a4...I'm happy with it but would like to try something new...I would like to put in an audi navigation.. or one of the personal computers that i have seen some people put in wiht the touch screen..I'm leaning more towards the personal computer just because i like how it runs off xp..But I like the audi navigation just because its oem and looks real clean...My problem is that my car was a theft recovery so all the wires are hacked up...I can wire up the pc no problem just because the wires are already all dismantled..but to wire in the stock harness would take me some time...Any pros and cons..Or any good websites that have good information or pricing?

TurbousMaximus
12-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Yo bro, someone who goes to our school owns an s4 and posts on these boards, his names ben and i know him pretty well. He used to sell and install nav units he has one in his s4 and its sick lookin. Ill talk to em for you if you want.

R-Dub
12-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Go Alpine, you wont be sorry.

NogaroA4
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NogaroA4
Ok I did a search and was not able to come up with anything to helpful...I was hoping that someone could either guide me in the right direction or just anwser some quections...
Ok I currently have a clarion 7inch flip up screen in my a4...I'm happy with it but would like to try something new...I would like to put in an audi navigation.. or one of the personal computers that i have seen some people put in wiht the touch screen..I'm leaning more towards the personal computer just because i like how it runs off xp..But I like the audi navigation just because its oem and looks real clean...My problem is that my car was a theft recovery so all the wires are hacked up...I can wire up the pc no problem just because the wires are already all dismantled..but to wire in the stock harness would take me some time...Any pros and cons..Or any good websites that have good information or pricing?

That would be great...Does he have the Nogaro S4?...

Starting
12-08-2005, 06:54 PM
I have a 7" touchscreen molded into my dash and I have to say I am not all that happy with it. It just has too much stuff and I barely use any of it. I turn it on to play music and have been too cheap to buy a nav program. If I had to do it again I would go oem. I think it looks a lot better and would also be alot more useful to me.

TurbousMaximus
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
yah he drives the nogaro s4...i drive the brilliant black a4. ill talk to em