PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2008 Audi S5 / 6spd / Phantom Black / Tastefully Modded

NIVLEKB6
01-20-2017, 02:17 PM
SOLDDDDD

NIVLEKB6
01-24-2017, 08:38 AM
bump!

volvofan
01-30-2017, 07:28 PM
Beautiful car! Gonna be a tough sell with 139k miles and no timing belt service, though. It sure is gorgeous, and the amount of effort and care you've put into it is evident. Good luck with the sale!

-Jon

MISKIE
01-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Beautiful car! Gonna be a tough sell with 139k miles and no timing belt service, though. It sure is gorgeous, and the amount of effort and care you've put into it is evident. Good luck with the sale!

-Jon

Very nice car indeed!

GLWS [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianashley
02-02-2017, 08:33 PM

-Jon

This engine has the timing chain. Not related to the RS4 timing belt issue FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volvofan
02-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Sorry, you're right... I meant to say timing chain.

I had heard of reliability issues even on well-maintained engines (which, from the looks of the vehicle, this one surely is). Anyways, what I have heard and read gives me (personally) pause... but for the right price and the right buyer, I'm sure a happy match will be made.

I suspect the OP would not appreciate me/us delving into a technical discussion on his For Sale thread, so let's leave it lie... although I'm sure he is grateful for the BUMP! Once again, BEAUTIFUL car, and GLWS!

:)

-Jon

P.S. - OP... if you're ever upstate (about an hour up the thruway from NYC), LMK in advance, bring the car for me to ogle at, and I'll buy you lunch.

BlueByU
02-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Clean Car! GLWS. It looks really clean like it only has 39k miles on it.

NIVLEKB6
02-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the love guys! There's been a lot of interest on the car this past month but noone has actually came down to look at it. I'm sure whoever comes to look at the car first will take it off my hands. Car is super clean, inside and out! As Brianashley said, the 4.2 FSI has a timing chain and is not a common failure like the b6/b7 4.2 engines. The 4.2 FSI is completely different.

volvofan
02-10-2017, 01:02 PM
I've tried so hard to stop thinking about this car. It makes no sense at all for me to buy it... my A4 is running just fine and I have another project car anyways. And yet, I'm still subscribed to the thread and I find myself clicking back to it every few days to stare at the photos :)

The lunch offer still stands!

-Jon