PDA

View Full Version : Slight overheating problem

pbcrazy
01-18-2017, 04:53 PM
I've be having an odd problem, about a week ago I looked down and say my coolant temp was a tick past middle. I stopped, opened the hood to cool it down, then went on my way again but it went right back past the middle. I replaced the thermostat (and checked the water pump impeller while doing it), and aired out the system. It was fine for a day and now it's right back to one tick past. Heater blows hot, and the gauge tends to get hotter if I accelerate fast.

It never goes over one tick, but it sometimes moves back and forth between the middle and that tick. VCDS read 99*C, so I kinda doubt it's the CTS unless both sensors inside it went out at the same time. Any ideas??

On a completely unrelated note...does anybody know the size/thread of the bolt that secures the battery hold down clamp?

SEATLRallyTeam
01-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Mine did the same exact thing when the auxiliary fan(passenger side) did not turn on. Temp would go up just a notch for about 20-30 seconds and return to middle. So I would start with checking that.

pbcrazy
01-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Mine did the same exact thing when the auxiliary fan(passenger side) did not turn on. Temp would go up just a notch for about 20-30 seconds and return to middle. So I would start with checking that.

You are correct it looks like, even when overheating that fan doesn't kick in (or with ac turned on). I checked the fuse and it looked alright, I've read about people jumping the fan but I can't see the wires to do so, does anyone know where they are to just test to see if it's the fan or relay?