PDA

View Full Version : PCV differences 12v and 30v

Knikkz31
01-18-2017, 02:51 PM
So I've been trying to figure out a bad idle for awhile now. Plugs/wires are relatively new, air filter is clean, etc. Thinking it may be caused my PCV system. Even if not, at 208k miles I'm sure it could use an upgrade. I'm having a hell of a time trying to find the PCV tubing for the 12v motor. Does anyone know the differences between the 12v and 30v motor as far as the PCV piping? I can find the kits for the 30v very easily, but finding them for the 12v is proving to be EXTREMELY difficult. I have found the PCV valve and breather hose that goes to the crankcase, but not the rest of the piping.

Bordom
01-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Have you cleaned the IAC? (Idle Air control valve)

Search through here: http://12v.org/maintenance/index.php?section=ht

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Knikkz31
01-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Have you cleaned the IAC? (Idle Air control valve)

I haven't, but that looks like an easy enough job to do to eliminate that as a culprit.

Bordom
01-18-2017, 03:45 PM
I haven't, but that looks like an easy enough job to do to eliminate that as a culprit.
Do you experience dipping idle occasionally?

Knikkz31
01-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Do you experience dipping idle occasionally?

Yes. There's time at red lights that it feels like my car is going to stall out. I've actually resorted to giving it a little gas at red lights to hold the RPMs around 1000.

Bordom
01-18-2017, 04:25 PM
If I was a betting man (sometimes I am lol), I think that'll fix your issue. I used to own a 12v before I got into an S4.

I experienced exactly that, but didn't get to do that before I sold it

a4kamila6
01-18-2017, 08:11 PM
If I was a betting man (sometimes I am lol), I think that'll fix your issue. I used to own a 12v before I got into an S4.

I experienced exactly that, but didn't get to do that before I sold it

Bordom is right I think. As for the tubing, just go to you local parts store and get some hose of the same ID and make your own. Better than the brittle plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87676)

Knikkz31
01-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Tackling this tomorrow. That article says to just use WD-40/similar to clean and lube it. Would it be a better idea to actually clean it out with some brake cleaner or something first, then use a lubricant in there? Is WD-40 really a good choice for this? I always get nervous using WD because of it's love for dirt.

Bordom
01-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Tackling this tomorrow. That article says to just use WD-40/similar to clean and lube it. Would it be a better idea to actually clean it out with some brake cleaner or something first, then use a lubricant in there? Is WD-40 really a good choice for this? I always get nervous using WD because of it's love for dirt.
Brake cleaner or parts cleaner would be great, and then perhaps WD-40 or Deep Creep afterwards.