PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think happen here...

b00st
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
ok so its been a week or so of brutal cold weather....10 degrees all week...without windchill. today was 10 degrees and I went to start my car after work and it turned itself off after about 3 seconds of being on? do you think its a cold weather anomally? I started the car back up after a second or two and everything seemed fine...no CEL, rough idle or anything to report of anything being wrong. Just the car turned itself...its brutal cold out....its never happened before. Only thing this reminds me of is when my ECU went bad...had that replaced but that threw a blinking CEL light...on a rare occassion. The car drove home fine...I'm think its was the car not like the cold what do you guys think? let me know if you need any more information?

Kevin

AudiSnawb
12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
dude my car runs like ass in cold weather conditions..........

E Fresh
12-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Holy crap, 10 degrees. I complain when its like 60 out. I dont know how you guys do it.

BadLuckAudi
12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Ya think thats bad it was -15 with the wind chill here in Idaho lastnight. And my car wasnt very happy starting this morning either

xcdhracer15
12-07-2005, 08:40 PM
windchill doesnt affect your car though[rolleyes]

TomRitt18944
12-07-2005, 08:44 PM
lol good point! we now about cold up here...my car hardly starts in the summer...winter will be interesting esp all of jan where it doesnt get above-15F (at least the past 2 yrs i been here)

juju4uofa
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Thank God for the south!!! It's gonna be around 40 in the morning when I leave for work and I'm gonna be pissed LOL.

b00st
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
so you guys think its just a cold weather thing. so far i nothing else has happened. i just get paranoid after the bad ECU thing. but i know it cant be good for it sitting out there all day long in the open being 8 degrees outside. i see no CELs...it was just creepy that it turned itself off. thats what my bad ECU used to do. just kill the car when it was on. well tomorrow is another day. i'll see what happens.

and then i run into this EVO driver...so i camp out next to him...try to instegate. we catch a light and he rolls his window down and says...do your really think "that thing can beat me" yeah he was an 06 EVO but...cocky as all fuck. But I said yeah anyway...even though I know I would lose...but I have been able to keep evens with an 04 EVO before...from a roll. He said he was bone stock.
I didn't say but I should have..."well I'm not, did you see my front mount intercooler, did you think I put that on for shits and giggles. but I did rolled up my window and just said yeah I can take that thing...but i guess he thought i was some stock shitty a4. i am in winter mode....but still...I hate those cocky EVO drivers...thats the first thing you say...."do you really think that thing could beat me...I said yes anyway...even though I prolly couldn't back it up for long...but what if I did have an APR SIII+ or a Mike Hood setup or something....he would have never known and from a roll we'd be pushing the same but i'd give it up to the SIII+ i think. at any rate thats my rant. and he was bone stock and talking all that shit.

Yuikio
12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
It was less than 0 degress here this morning. My car is very unhappy about starting when it's that cold. The idle sounds different, kinda metallic, (clink clink clink) and it takes a couple more agonizingy slow turns to get it to fire.

All you bitches where it's 60 degreees can eat shit and die.

juju4uofa
12-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Ouch Yuikio, no love for us Southerners. That's okay, this summer when it's 101 degrees with 100% humidity here you'll be happy.

BTW, I got my car in May when temperatures started getting really high and the humidity sucked. Needless to say all I knew was a heat soaked IC. Now I'm loving the cooler temps.

Screw EVO drivers. His clutch will die soon LOL!!!

ExpLlclT
12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan ERS4
Holy crap, 10 degrees. I complain when its like 60 out. I dont know how you guys do it.

[cool] cali

Yuikio
12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by juju4uofa
Ouch Yuikio, no love for us Southerners. That's okay, this summer when it's 101 degrees with 100% humidity here you'll be happy.

That's true. You can warm yourself up fairly easily, but you can't escape that humid heat. I was in China for three weeks in July a couple years ago and it was like torture. You can't do anything about it.

Meh, it'll be 101 degrees here, just 11% humidity or something.

MR VTEC
12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
my car doesn't like cold either. and who said windchill doesn't affect the car. Do you think the car says hmmm, it's 30 degrees today without the windchill windchill affects tempurature unless your audi has some wind diverter or something i don't know about...

scooter44
12-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan ERS4

hahaha! i second that.

i was complaining and it was like 50 degrees yesterday.

CaSp3r9
12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
ahhh.... it's been hovering around 28 degrees at night/early morning here in Oregon. I wouldn't be complaining if we had snow that me and my car could play in around my house, but there's jack shit. It sucks. And worst of all, my mom and dad laugh at me becuase my car has to sit outside in the cold while their new Lexus' sit inside our heated garage. Poor thing...[=(] haha
But we'll see about that... my mom is going to come home tonight to find her car sitting outside in the cold. Tough shit mom.[:D] muahahahaa [a4]

TomRitt18944
12-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by b00st

and then i run into this EVO driver...so i camp out next to him...try to instegate. we catch a light and he rolls his window down and says...do your really think "that thing can beat me" yeah he was an 06 EVO but...cocky as all fuck.

Oh man I wish that kinda thing would happen to me every once in a while

b00st
12-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by TomRitt18944
Oh man I wish that kinda thing would happen to me every once in a while

fuck tom i wish i had your setup...he was sooooo cocky....it really fucking pissed me off. i stilled said yeah I'd take you...though i was lying...but shit...i've held dead even with a stock 04 evo from 15-110 and at least he gave me thumbs up at the light and we did a run from 55-110 and i actually had him by .5CL and again he gave me props....so i figure what the fuck...if its from a roll...i figure my PC16 software & torque go to work, shoot me out and let him run me down. but he was a no go and just way too cocky and then after the fact, I think of all these witty things to say....this is the one time I didn't have a come back for him...funny thing is he lives on the street right before me...he better hope i don't buy a BT for spring/summer. I will personally look for that piece of shit. way to cocky for a stock EVO driver...and he starts degrading me....just the lack of class and to think his ride was all that STOCK....fucking got my blood boiling...still. and so we sit at the light and we lag...and he does nothing. i'm still chillin in first gear waiting to see him go.....he never does and i just punch it out and say come chase me and see....and he doesn't and stays about 4 CL back and never comes up.....this is way I hate EVO drivers....90% are jags...there are the rare few that aren't cocky like him. its was prolly cuz i have stock rims on...and nothing to really show...had my Rieger bumper and skirts and rims and rear valence be on...perhaps we would have tried harder. I wish i had a PES Kit or something other than K04 in there at that moment....I for sure would have been foaming at the mouth at that point and really bashing his ride. I will see him again....hopefully real soon. my car is in such a sleeper mode...you can't tell shit is done to it. this is why EVO drivers get such bad wraps....people like this guy think they are the shit...and now its got me foaming at the mouth.

BranCKY3
12-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Haha don't sweat it. There's always douchebags in every type of car.

Audi A4 1.8T
12-08-2005, 05:18 AM
do u guys not keep your car in a garage?

juju4uofa
12-08-2005, 06:21 AM
I'm a poor college kid who lives in an apartment and eats Ramen noodles. What's a garage?

Audi A4 1.8T
12-08-2005, 07:27 AM
true i guess not every one has a garage.

b00st
12-08-2005, 08:52 AM
of course...but not a work. it just sits out in the open...i hope it doesn't do it again.

bitterchild
12-08-2005, 09:11 AM
sorry boost but it sounds like maybe you didn't help the situation w/ the evo. regardless of your feelings towards that particular evo owner there's no need to be a little race boy

duffman1101
12-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by TomRitt18944
lol good point! we now about cold up here...my car hardly starts in the summer...winter will be interesting esp all of jan where it doesnt get above-15F (at least the past 2 yrs i been here)

ya i hear that... it was sixteen for bfast here, high of 30 today... i remember last january we had days where the HIGH was 0, and windchill was touching -30's. yipeeee.....

b00st
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by bitterchild
sorry boost but it sounds like maybe you didn't help the situation w/ the evo. regardless of your feelings towards that particular evo owner there's no need to be a little race boy

i just wanted him to give me a run...i sat at the light...revved my engine to let him know i wanted a piece. and he makes that kind of comment. i don't care lose or not....i wanted to see how bad i would lose by. but when you try and degrade me at the light....its not like i drive a neon and he drives a ferrari...cuz thats how he made it sound...and he was just another punk kid...mid to late 20s. he could have just said no thanks or whatever....million different responses....he chose cocky dickhead.
i shouldn't be race boy but that was one of the few chances that i would have got to see what i would do from a standstill against a stock evo.

i've run worse....i've tried to race z06s....well not tried...but did race a z06....we all know a k04 is going to win...the question was how much did i lose by? [;)]