PDA

View Full Version : Rust problem.....HELP!!!

owde_eh4
12-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey guys,

I had my brakes changed last week but before that I was doing the metal-to-metal thing for 3 days. [headbang]
Coz of that I developed a rust problem. There seems to be a lot of rust around that wheel and along the side of my car. I managed to wash off the rust along the side of the car but the wheel rust is more stubborn. Also, there seems to be rust on the hub and interior structures behind the wheel. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Is there a product that i can spray on? Any help would be appreciated, thnx [up]

ExpLlclT
12-06-2005, 10:43 PM
new after market stuff or a chizle

owde_eh4
12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
nah i just put in OEM pads and discs....but the problem (rust) probably came about from the metal being scraped off of the old discs/pads. If you were talking about my wheels, they are the stock "swing" wheels. Someone suggested that i take the wheel to audi to get de-rusted but was wondering if there was a simpler solution. thnx for the reply.

Neo1130
12-07-2005, 05:02 AM
Go to your parts store and get some Dupont Wheel cleaner with TEFLON!! I had the same crap on my Jetta and I just washed it off like it was nothin... Teflon is the shit....